PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What model H3 do I have?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 04:54 PM
Default What model H3 do I have?

I'm sure I could call a dealer but I like the forums better. I have the Monsoon Stereo and leather, the electronic rear diff, sunroof, chrome wheels, chrome side steps, but no chrome mirrors, and no chrome door handles. There are skidplates under it, but they look smallish? I bought the H3 from a Honda dealer of all places. It had 3K on it and I got it for 30K. The person who traded it in towed it behind a motorhome but got a ticket for being to long. He traded it in for a CRV, ouch. Any guess as to what model this is based on? I'm thinking base model with customer selected upgrades??

Old 05-21-2008, 05:00 PM
Default RE: What model H3 do I have?

2008? Base with adventure package (33" tires or 32"?) with leather, added sunroof and side steps. just a guess thoguh.

Old 05-21-2008, 05:09 PM

Monsoon and leather don't indicate a Luxury Package?

Old 05-21-2008, 05:15 PM

i think the monsoon is standard in 08 though, mine just has the 6-disc that came with the adventure package. I was thinking the locking rear only came with the adventure package put i could be wrong (wouldnt doubt it). looking at the site you can get a luxury with the offroad package and have the locking rear though, so he probably has a luxury.

Old 05-21-2008, 06:03 PM

The locking rear is an Adventure only accessory.

Old 05-21-2008, 06:11 PM

Leather seats are the heated power seats? Usually indicates Lux package, along with Adventure package with that rear locker.

As mentioned here, a couple of more details would help, like year, tires etc. And just to be sure - you are talking locking rear diff, the button immediately to the left of the Stability Control on/off, right?

Old 05-21-2008, 06:16 PM

leather is only available on the luxury in 08, if he has an 08 it is a luxury. the locking rear diff comes with the off road suspension package (standarg on H3 Adventure, Optional on Luxury)

Old 05-22-2008, 07:10 AM

the vin number should identify the truck. call the dealer or insurance co. and they will tell you for sure.

Old 05-22-2008, 08:09 AM

The H3 is weird. You can get the Luxury Package, Adventure Package, Base Model or a variant of all three.

I have the Base Model but because I wanted power seats I had to upgrade to leather even though I didn't want leather seats. Then I added the off road suspension package which is standard on the Adventure Pkg. but doesn't come with power seats. The dealer had one in stock so I got it.

So I ended up with a Luxury/Adventure Hybrid with added dealer bling like chrome mirrors and door handles that also has the trailer package, Monsoon radio, door openers in the visor and several more options. But I had them take away the gay chrome wheels, that was too much! The only thing that really pissed me off about the whole process was the inability to get power cloth seats and no provisions for vinyl floors instead of carpeting. Husky mats took care of the floor problem but I'm still stuck with leather seats.

Old 05-22-2008, 10:25 AM

Sorry for the lack of info here, this is great though! It's an 07. I do have heated power leather seats, I do have the button to the left of the traction control indicator. And the tires are horrible. =) They are 265s. I'm looking at 33 inch tires, well 305 or 295. First, PCMforLess. It's an automatic btw. All I know is at first I was looking at the Jeep Unlimited and the H3, now I'm a piggy in poop with my H3!!!

I do have the chrome wheels, chrome grill, and chrome sidesteps. (not a fan of the steps, but my wifey is) That's ALL the chrome that this thing will see. But I don't have chrome handles or chrome mirrors?? Just from what I can tell I have what seems to be 'half' the luxury package and 'half' the adventure package. I will be calling the dealer or the insurance company, but I wanted to see how close I/we could guess.

Off beat topic, do any of you participate in H3 wheeling runs? I'm not talking Rubicon or anything but something fun?

Quick Reply: What model H3 do I have?