PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

What Made You Want A Hummer.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 12:50 PM
Default RE: What Made You Want A Hummer.....

Its unique and it huge, plus I always wanted an urban assault vehicle

Old 02-10-2008, 01:02 PM

I've always like cars/trucks with that WOW factor. Well, you aren't going to get more of a WOW factor than with a Hummer. My wife has always wanted one and I used to tell her that she was nuts, being in the Army I have alot of exp with them. While GREAT off road vehicles I just really didn't want to own one. Then I started liking the H2SUT the more I saw it. We moved and made enough on the house to pay off everything, we had an 05 Durango Limited. Loved it but the resale with a Hemi was going to $hit. So, I decided that it was time to get out of it before we ate our collective a$$es. I asked her what she wanted more than anything, she said she wanted her Hummer so went to look at them and the H3 had just came out. We found an 06 Superior Blue LUX and she loved it. Well after a year of that one we "stumbled" across the Black and Pink one that she has now. While she was doing the final paper work on it I was wondering around the showroom (had my 07 Silverado sitting outside) and found my Tactical. After the previous year of owning one I now loved them, just didn't think that I would have one as my personal Daily Driver until I found the Tact. And now, I will always have at least one in the driveway

Old 02-10-2008, 01:17 PM

ORIGINAL: rhill20

I've always like cars/trucks with that WOW factor. Well, you aren't going to get more of a WOW factor than with a Hummer. My wife has always wanted one and I used to tell her that she was nuts, being in the Army I have alot of exp with them. While GREAT off road vehicles I just really didn't want to own one. Then I started liking the H2SUT the more I saw it. We moved and made enough on the house to pay off everything, we had an 05 Durango Limited. Loved it but the resale with a Hemi was going to $hit. So, I decided that it was time to get out of it before we ate our collective a$$es. I asked her what she wanted more than anything, she said she wanted her Hummer so went to look at them and the H3 had just came out. We found an 06 Superior Blue LUX and she loved it. Well after a year of that one we "stumbled" across the Black and Pink one that she has now. While she was doing the final paper work on it I was wondering around the showroom (had my 07 Silverado sitting outside) and found my Tactical. After the previous year of owning one I now loved them, just didn't think that I would have one as my personal Daily Driver until I found the Tact. And now, I will always have at least one in the driveway
Your tactical looks amazing with those red badges

Old 02-10-2008, 01:31 PM

Thanks, was kind of worried how it would look. I like it. It's different.

Old 02-10-2008, 01:41 PM

Thanks, was kind of worried how it would look. I like it. It's different.
Dont worry anymore it looks good, It would look good if you painted the indents on your center cap in red too

Old 02-10-2008, 03:28 PM

I was looking at the indentation on the hood, the one that goes around the "hood vent". Thought maybe red just on the lip of the indent.

Old 02-10-2008, 05:39 PM

I wanted one because I had just recently purchased an 08 Dodge Charger AWD....although I liked that car, it just had to many things wrong with it......and Chrylser had anounced that they lost money and were financially bankrupt, which made the price of my charger hit the bottom of the bucket....so instead of losing more money I decided to get rid of it. I only had 1700 miles on the odometer....so i went down 2 hours to my Hummer dealer, and found a nice Solar Flare Metallic Alpha.....(most of you know the story of the two Solar Flare Metallic H3's, so I won't bore you with the details)

Old 02-10-2008, 06:31 PM

I was looking at the indentation on the hood, the one that goes around the "hood vent". Thought maybe red just on the lip of the indent.
that would look pretty good if were thinking about the same thing...

Old 02-11-2008, 05:36 AM

I was first interested in getting a Hummer for the chick factor, two friends of mine bought H2's and they were chick magnets to say the least (the H2's, not the friends).

I also loved the look andthe safety factor.

It was a toss-up for me between an H2 or an H3, I ended up getting the H3.
The H3 ended up being a pretty good chick magnet, as a matter of fact I was suprised at how many of the hotties told me they liked the H3 more than the H2, I didnt expect that reaction.

After owning the H3 I found that I honesty really loved the truck and not just for meeting the hotties, H3's are lots of fun to drive.
Sadly, I sold my H3 cuz I really need a truck with a bed, I will be trading in the Tacoma the second the H3T comes out.

Cheers
Davyo

Old 02-13-2008, 03:11 PM

driving accross mid michigan in my ford focus and got ambushed by the usual 12-14 inches of snow in late december. white knuckled it for about 4 hours all the way home as i watched car after car get chewed up by the ditches due tosnow drifts and slushy ice. as i'm driving 20 mph, tops, to avoid being the next victim of old man winter, met up with some friends to do some partying. decide to take their ride since it was an H3, and the conditions were as such. never been inan H3prior to this event, yada yada yada, my wife and I purchased one two days later. you truely don't know what you are missing until you own one. the reaction of other people alone is enough for me. let alone the safety and fun factors. can't wait to get this beast over to the silver lake dunes when the sun comes out of hibernation. tic toc, tic toc.

Quick Reply: What Made You Want A Hummer.....