PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What kind of headlights are in a BMW?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 11:40 PM
Default What kind of headlights are in a BMW?

I know this headlight issue has been brought up a hundered times on different threads, but i test drove a 2004 BMW 330XI tonight (in the dark), and I absolutely loved the headlights. Does anyone know if these are a H.I.D. system, or just a fancy Silverstar or PIAA xenon bulb?

Thanks, it will definately help me make the decision as whether to buy the Silverstars or follow in mighty Bob's footsteps and splurge for the HID's

g

Old 09-07-2007, 03:03 AM
Default RE: What kind of headlights are in a BMW?

It looks like XENON HID'S are an option?? Don't know if the one you drove had 'em though!![8D]

Standard Equipment

BMW 330XI All Wheel Drive Compact Sports Sedan
[ul]3.0 liter dual overhead cam (DOHC), 24-valve inline 6-cylinder engine[*]Electronic throttle control
Five-speed manual transmission[*]Dynamic Stability Control (DSC-X), with All Season Traction[*]All-wheel drive[*]Hill Descent Control (HDC)[*]4-wheel ventilated anti-lock disc brakes with Dynamic Brake Control[*]17 x 7.0 Radial Spoke alloy wheels, 205/50R-17 all-season tires[*]Harman Kardon AM/FM stereo/CD audio system with 12 upgraded speakers[*]6-way power front seats with 2-way manual headrests; 3-driver memory for exterior mirror and seat positions[*]Automatic climate control with micro-filter and air recirculation[*]Tilt/telescopic steering wheel column[*]Power front and rear windows with "one-touch" up/down operation[*]Locking glovebox with rechargeable take-out flashlight[*]Driver's and passenger's front airbag supplemental restraint system (SRS) with "smart" dual-threshold, dual-stage deployment and sensor to help prevent unnecessary passenger's airbag deployment[*]Front-door-mounted side-impact airbags [/ul]

Major Available Options
[ul]On-board GPS Navigation System
Fold Down Rear Seats with Ski Bag
Heated Front Seats
Leather Upholstery
Park Distance Control
Power Glass Moonroof
Rear Seat Side Impact Airbag
STEPTRONIC 5-Speed Automatic Transmission
Xenon Headlights
Sport Package Includes: 3-spoke leather-wrapped sport steering wheel, Special wheels & tires, 12-way adjustable front sport seats including 8 power adjustments, 3-position memory for driver seat and exterior mirrors, reverse tilt-down passenger exterior mirror, white turn signal lights and M aerodynamic package [/ul]

Old 09-07-2007, 05:07 PM

Thanks again Bob!!

Looks like I will be searching for HID's. I still can't believe how much of a difference there was.

Old 09-07-2007, 06:07 PM
Super Moderator

(Insert moose joke here)

Old 09-07-2007, 08:05 PM

ORIGINAL: Muddydawg75

(Insert moose joke here)

Name:  ban21.gif
Views: 47
Size:  1.6 KB

Old 09-10-2007, 11:46 AM

I would LOVE To find the Halo-style headlights for my baby...I have seen a few peeps make them on their own, but they dont look as good...

Old 09-10-2007, 01:37 PM

are the hid's blinding to other drivers, i see alot of people always flip the rear view up when i'm behind themat a stop or making left hand turns in front of me at a intersection....wouldn't the hid's be worse for other drivers?? i'm interested, but just don't want toirritate people anymore than they already are.

Old 09-10-2007, 01:42 PM
Super Moderator

they bother me when I am in my work van.... (no auto dimming mirrors)

they don't bother me when I am in my H2....

It doesn't really bother me head on....