PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

What to do with rear tire system

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 09:04 PM
Default What to do with rear tire system

Hey guys this is my first post hopefully I will be around for alittle while!!! I just bought a 05 H2 it came with 24's and 325 45 24 tires and it looks good!!! My questions is it has the stock 5th wheel in the rear and I really dont want to buy another 24 to mount there is it possible to remove this and find chrome hooks or anyhting???

Any of your info would be great!

Thanks...

Old 06-06-2007, 09:34 PM
Default RE: What to do with rear tire system

Name:  HiThereanimated.gif
Views: 46
Size:  23.4 KB

Name:  Welcomeanimated3.gif
Views: 45
Size:  2.9 KB

Hello and welcome to the forums. Yes, it can be removed, but depending upon your rear license plate/rear doorconfiguration, you might have to purchase a rear lighted license plate bracket assembly which mounts onto to either side of the rear bumper, that is, unless your '05 hasthe type of rear door which already has the proper rear license plate mounting location built-in. I plan on also doing this, but only after finding a roof rack which accommodates the OEM spare tire/wheel assembly, as well as a rackwhich appears to be OEM....since Ialsoprefer to keep the spare out of the cargo area altogether.[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 06-06-2007, 10:29 PM

ORIGINAL: DHolli

Hey guys this is my first post hopefully I will be around for alittle while!!! I just bought a 05 H2 it came with 24's and 325 45 24 tires and it looks good!!! My questions is it has the stock 5th wheel in the rear and I really dont want to buy another 24 to mount there is it possible to remove this and find chrome hooks or anyhting???

Any of your info would be great!

Thanks...
Hey!!! Welcome and I WANT PICS!!!! Someone else with 24's!!!

First off, I'M not a fan of having the spare on the back of the Rig, ESPECIALLY for a BALLER H2!! If you do want a CHEAP out, you can keep the spare on the back and just buy a nice Cover for the tire.

As EXTREME says(though I think they started them on '06), if you remove the spare/carrier, make sure there are LICENSE lights at the top of the Rear Pocket where the license plate would go. Again, I'm pretty sure they changed this in '06?

Chrome Tow Hooks are BOUNTIFUL!!! Personally, I like/have the Pro-One hooks. I just like the look better than any others out there. You may find a deal on them, but prepare to pay around $160-$200!!

These are the one's I have:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-H...spagenameZWDVW

Old 06-07-2007, 02:58 AM

ORIGINAL: Xtreme
I plan on also doing this, but only after finding a roof rack which accommodates the OEM spare tire/wheel assembly, as well as a rackwhich appears to be OEM....since Ialsoprefer to keep the spare out of the cargo area altogether.[sm=icon_cheers.gif]
Here's a COOL roof rack!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Roof-...18528905QQrdZ1

Old 06-07-2007, 09:19 AM

Welcome to the forum.
Idid exactly what your talking about....and remember......anything is possible with your hummer

Old 06-07-2007, 10:58 AM

ORIGINAL: HummBob

I plan on also doing this, but only after finding a roof rack which accommodates the OEM spare tire/wheel assembly, as well as a rackwhich appears to be OEM....since Ialsoprefer to keep the spare out of the cargo area altogether.[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Yeah, I was the high bidder on that one until someone (ProAudio) 'sniped' me out of it within the last minute of the auction's end. By the time I placed my new bid it was too late, as my system decided at that point torun a virus scan update. Name:  ThumbsDownanimated.gif
Views: 36
Size:  2.9 KB

Old 06-07-2007, 11:08 AM

Xtreme ... try auction sniper it works great and is free to try... I have been using it for several years got tired of being sniped...

Hope this Helps

Rich

Old 06-07-2007, 11:10 AM

ORIGINAL: H8MYX

Xtreme ... try auction sniper it works great and is free to try... I have been using it for several years got tired of being sniped...

Hope this Helps

Rich

Thanks, I'll definitely check it out.[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 06-07-2007, 02:17 PM

ORIGINAL: HummBob

Yeah, I was the high bidder on that one until someone (ProAudio) 'sniped' me out of it within the last minute of the auction's end. By the time I placed my new bid it was too late, as my system decided at that point torun a virus scan update.
CRAP!!!! I HATE snipers.....UNLESS IT'S ME!!!

Old 06-10-2007, 08:51 PM

HB did you out snipe me on my last auction....[:@][:@][:@]I hate other snipers that out snipe my snipe program... lol

Quick Reply: What to do with rear tire system