PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what is the best wax, cleaning products?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 01:23 AM
Default what is the best wax, cleaning products?

i want to protect my paint finish and leather interior and my mind was boggled whith the number of stuff out there and i was wondering what you all use and why it is the best thanx.

Old 01-21-2007, 01:54 AM
Default RE: what is the best wax, cleaning products?

azz..look through this forum here DETAILING and you'll find my selections for Wax and Leather care...

Old 01-21-2007, 02:00 AM

lol yes i see my post got moved here i am still a newby and i have been reading them thanx ...........so far i see" ice " is the product of choice for the outside and i am still reading about the interior.

Old 01-21-2007, 07:56 AM

Armor all...use it everywhere on your leather on your glass...can't go wrong with armor all. j/k

I will never let armor all touch another vehicle I own. My old 98 Jeep wrangler didn't have the body color fenders and I used to armor all it all the time. After a couple of years I noticed that I had white spots appearing on my fenders and even applying armor all didn't remove them. I was then informed that armor all was actually BAD for plastics fenders etc.

I've talked to a few people that do car shows and they recommended using transmission fluid to do the black on your tires and exterior plastic rubber parts as it will not harm them.

Have you ever heard of this Dennis?

Old 01-21-2007, 10:57 AM

Yes and motor oil too..it's kinda like lip gloss, looks good for the moment but won't last long..Vinylex by Lexol is the greatest for the plastic trim...until I found ICE, this stuff works the best yet at cleaning and shining the plastic trim/rubbers and bumpers..and it lasts the longest..Mud stains are easier to remove from the plastic rear quarter sections and along under the doors..anything that's plastic or rubber gets a coat of ICE.

Old 01-30-2007, 12:19 AM

Hey Dennis.....do you use the Ice Liquid Polish or Paste Polish? Have you tried the Ice Liquid Clay Bar?

Old 01-30-2007, 12:42 AM

ICE only comes in a clear liquid as far as I knew....And my finish is too new yet to Clay it..I'll give it another year.

Old 01-30-2007, 02:33 PM

regroup..

Wow! I just googled the ICE and sure enough they now have the paste...
and the Liquid Clay bar..that looks interesting..Hmmmm, I wouder if it's as good as the old fashioned clay bar that worked you to death while using.?

Thanks for the heads up Rutdogg

Old 01-30-2007, 05:15 PM

No prob...Dennis. I just got back from Walmart and they had both the paste and liquid as well as the liquid clay bar. I bought the liquid Ice and I'll probably try applying it within the next couple of days. Dennis, does it matter how cold it is outside when you apply this wax (provided its not freezing) and have you tried using it on the dash and such inside your Hummer?

Old 01-30-2007, 05:43 PM

I have used or applied it to everything except the glass..it works great on the dash and all parts of the radio and environmental controls too...I know it takes a while for it to set upa little..so try putting it on in the sun, if there is such a thing this time of year...But usually the warmer, the better it is to wipe off.

Quick Reply: what is the best wax, cleaning products?