PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what the.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 05:30 AM
Default what the.....

I went to get in my truck yesterday, started it up and went to put the windows down.....nothing. Windows wouldn't work, blinkers wouldn't work, and the tranny was shifting funny so I drove it back to the house before I left the neighborhood. Turned the truck off and the radio continued to stay on, even with the keys removed. I jiggled the ignition switch to make sure it wasn't sticking. I put the key back in and turned the truck back on, then off again, radio turned off. So I started the truck up and everything started working fine again. ??????? Possibly a relay that was hung up? Anyone else have this issue before? The tranny was still acting a bit weird. At first it was acting like it was low on fluid, I mean, not fully engaging. When I took it back out it was engaging but shifting hard from 1 to 2. I made it to the grocery store and checked all fluids and they were topped off. Any ideas? And if anyone says its gonna need a new tranny, I'm gonna slap you. lol jk

Old 03-30-2011, 06:28 AM

OK, so had the day off today, thanks to my Platoon Sergeant.....I am jumping on both Thursday and Friday. Took my daughter to school and the tranny shifted just as smooth as it always does. I do need to add that I did let the truck warm up yesterday. This was the first thing I thought when it started happening. But the engine temps were warm enough that I wouldn't think that tranny was still bone cold. I always allow my truck to idle for a bit before i drive it. In the military i always cringe when i see people start up a HMMWV that has been sitting all night long in freezing temps and immediately take off and get up to speed. You can just hear that motor rattling lol

Old 03-30-2011, 10:54 PM
Super Moderator

New one to me. Pm hummech.