PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

West coast H1 owners

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 03:07 PM
Default West coast H1 owners

Hello, my name is Mike and I recently opened a company by the name of Magnum Offroad. I have been working with H1's for nearly a decade(mechanics/metal fabrication/performance etc.) I have many well known refrences (G.T. Inc,Teaka toys,Cerritos hummer) just to name a few. I have done from air ride suspension systems to Duramax conversions.I also bulit the winningsuspension system on theCerritos Hummer race H1. I am eager to keep thriving in the Hummer industry and love to help people get what they are looking for. I am located in north county san diego and have vast knowledge of all Hummers, so if their are any questions or problems any one might have feel free to fire a phone call or e-mail.You can always expect an honest answer, and or speedy service that is competively priced.

Old 01-22-2008, 05:32 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: West coast H1 owners

Good to know Magnum. Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you worked on Mike's truck. I am in the Newport Beach area of Socal so not that far from you. PM me your contact info.

Old 01-22-2008, 11:05 PM

what truck did you do with the air suspension? The Predator truck?

ron b

Old 01-25-2008, 05:39 PM

yes, I did all the work on the black sema H1 for predator

Old 01-26-2008, 12:17 PM

Not on the West Coast but don't need to be to say welcome! Good to have you here!

Drew

Old 01-27-2008, 02:02 PM

before I did my airbag conversion I looked at that one/cruised around in it for a day (fast truck!). Very nice work. I went with a more simple design and different bags (double convoluted vrs the sleeved) . I was wondering if Mike S had you fab up my lower shock mounts, he had his race shop do it and I thought you might be his guy.

rb

Old 01-28-2008, 01:07 PM

That was me. They said "nothing they had in the past could hold the weight of the truck all on one corner, and for some reason the right rear always came down first" but I nailed it on the first try.These trucks are heavy enough just rollin down the block let alone to be hammering down in the desert.

Old 01-28-2008, 02:27 PM

I haven't had the pleasure of seeing the race truck in person -- but I know Mike pretty well, great guy. Did you do the work on Robbie Gordon's chase hummers as well? I still need bumpstops -- got any ideas?

ron b

Old 01-28-2008, 02:50 PM

no I did not work on robbie's trucks but sure would have liked to. As far as your bump stops go, if I had the vechicle I could fab some adjustable mounts to hold them, but with out seeing it in person it's probley imppossible,is it stock suspension?

Old 01-28-2008, 04:39 PM

Sorry for the confusion, I thought you said you worked on it a few posts ago. Yes, my suspension is stock, I just replaced the springs with 600 psi bags and when the original shock mounts were bent up on a trail I went to Mike (which I should have in the first place!). Here's a link to some photos of my truck -- page 3 has the new mounts (much happier now):
http://www.hummerxclub.com/forum/vie...hp?f=23&t=3843

I'm in the Burbank area. You may be a bit far for a visit -- we'll have to talk if the wga ever works their stuff out.

Quick Reply: West coast H1 owners