PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water inside my H3?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 08:30 AM
Default Water inside my H3?!

Has anyone had water collect under the backseat? We had a bad storm on Sat. night and Sunday morning I found water under my rear seat. There was still some water droplets down the rear pillar behind the back door, you know where the rear airbags are. I only found this because the day earlier I had to put the back seats down for storage and I didn't put the seats back up until Sunday morning.
Does anyone know about this, I'm off to the dealer, there doesn't appear any cracks in the roof rails or the roof track.

Old 05-14-2007, 12:59 PM
Default RE: Water inside my H3?!

The obvious thing would be window/door cracked -- but we'll assume you already checked those. It may not be in that actual area that the leak is occuring - do you have any modifications to your roof or body?

Old 05-14-2007, 02:56 PM

I was gonna say besides what Brian mentioned ...You could have stood outside with a hose and blasted the door seals and seen if any came in..but I'm guessing like Brian said, that you had a window down or a door ajar....

Old 05-14-2007, 03:14 PM

do you have any cb antennat run through the door weather-striping? That will do it every time.

Old 05-14-2007, 04:38 PM

Crazy thing no windows down, no cb and doors were shut. The only mod to the roof was the addtion of Hummer's roof rails. So there can't be anything wrong with them. I didn't get to go to the dealer today but I'll keep everyone posted. I did put a hose on the roof by both rear doors and let in run for awhile but couldn't see any water coming in, could there be a leak by the sunroof that would for the water to run down the side by the backdoor.
The water I saw was actually behind the molding behind where the rear door seals are.Where the upper and lower trim panels meet, than the water was coming out from the bottom trim panel where it meets the carpet under the rear seat. I'm going to blast the sunroof with the hose and see if that does anything.

Old 05-14-2007, 04:52 PM

I'll bet that's it...I'll bet Mikey's left gonad that's it[sm=devilgrin.gif]...Sunroofs ain't worth the headache...[:@]

Old 05-14-2007, 05:02 PM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

I'll bet that's it...I'll bet Mikey's left gonad that's it[sm=devilgrin.gif]...Sunroofs ain't worth the headache...[:@]
Even though I disagree, and think sunroofs are great, it's not worth collecting on that bet anyways! [:'(]

Old 05-14-2007, 06:24 PM

Kill joy!..Well then I bet you this bottle of wine...

Old 05-14-2007, 06:27 PM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

Kill joy!..Well then I bet you this bottle of wine...

Sorry, I don't drink wine either! BTW, what kind of women do you hang out with where you can take a shot like that!

Old 05-14-2007, 07:01 PM

A i i e e e e e e e e e e e ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

MY EYES... O' GOD... MY EYES..........

YOU ROTTEN BASTICHE ! ! ! ! ! !

Quick Reply: Water inside my H3?!