PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wanting to buy a Hummer..HELP !

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 07:49 PM
Default Wanting to buy a Hummer..HELP !

Hey Everyone!

I am new to this forum. My husband just bought a jaguar and told me now I can have a Hummer, lol. I wanted to get some feed back from other Hummer owners to let me know if they are worth to buy. Ive driven a H2 before and loved it but never owned one and not sure if they are reliable and easy to get around in. I also don't know if I should go for a H2 or H3. If anyone can let me know if buying one is worth it and which type is better, that would be great !!!

Thanks so much !
Lisa

Old 10-28-2011, 09:13 AM

first, if you already know what you like, then get that. second is the practicality, where do you live and will you be taking it off-road?

anything can be quite reliable for the most part if taken good care of.

at this point, you will be buying used since there are hardly any if at all, brand new hummers still for sale.

please give some more info and im sure youll get a lot more responses! cheers!

Old 10-28-2011, 12:47 PM

kauanieb, how do you start a new post on this site to ask a ?

Old 10-28-2011, 01:48 PM

under the list of all the 'threads' is a box on the left called 'New Thread'. Click on that and type any question or comment you have...

Old 10-29-2011, 01:25 PM

Thank you so much for the reply !!

I won't be doing any off roading, but I do live in Massachusetts where it snows a ton !! I will want it for winter months of course, but I have driven an H2 before and I loved it, and I do see quite a few around my area. I have always wanted an H2 but wasn't sure if it was too big, I will be doing everyday driving but not many miles though. I do know I have to get a used one which is fine. I do like the fact that the H3 is less wide. I pretty much wanted to know if it is worth the money to buy one. As long as I keep up maintanance then I should be okay? Well I have husband to do that for me .....He just wanted me to do some "research" before we went ahead and purchased one...thats all. Wanted to make sure it can get me from point A to point B whenever needed, and also if it can stand the harsh winters in Massachusetts

Old 10-29-2011, 01:49 PM

I would go for an H3 since it's smaller and really good daily driver, great with snow too.

H3 all the way

Old 11-21-2011, 02:26 PM

So what did you get? I picked up a H2 and I love it. but I like the size. I can see why you would like them. It has the day to day luxury, I dont have snow birds cutting me off anymore. (We have that problem in Arizona this time of year). But yes the H3 is a more practical choice if you are going for the look and the daily driver part of it. Eitherway they both are fine in the snow. I just love the big interior of the H2. You can't go wrong with either though.

Old 12-10-2011, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Leesey21
I won't be doing any off roading, but I do live in Massachusetts where it snows a ton !! I will want it for winter months of course, but I have driven an H2 before and I loved it, and I do see quite a few around my area. I have always wanted an H2 but wasn't sure if it was too big, I will be doing everyday driving but not many miles though. I do know I have to get a used one which is fine. I do like the fact that the H3 is less wide. I pretty much wanted to know if it is worth the money to buy one. As long as I keep up maintanance then I should be okay? Well I have husband to do that for me .....He just wanted me to do some "research" before we went ahead and purchased one...thats all. Wanted to make sure it can get me from point A to point B whenever needed, and also if it can stand the harsh winters in Massachusetts
For winter driving, either vehicle will do fine. H2's come standard with 35" BF Goodrich All terrain tires and perform very well in winter conditions. The H3 comes with either a light trail tire or a general purpose all terrain tire in either 31 or 33". The adventure model H3 has a rear locking differential - but likely won't be needed by you for winter driving.

Gas mileage is marginally better in the H3. Interior wise, the H2 has more personal room meaning the seats are bigger, but storage wise - both are fairly limited compared to a suburban or other types of SUV's.

If you liked the H2, then that is what I would take a hard look at. Plan on about 10 mpg.

Here are a couple pics of an H2 running 35" BF Goodrich All terrains up a steep hill in the snow.

here is a link to model year differences for the H2 http://www.lynchhummer.com/Changes/h...s/h2index.html

Attached Thumbnails Wanting to buy a Hummer..HELP !-snow-run-2011-411-edit.jpg   Wanting to buy a Hummer..HELP !-snow-run-2011-412-edit.jpg  

Last edited by Flash; 12-10-2011 at 01:20 PM.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:55 PM

Leesey21: Last Activity: 11-01-2011 01:11 PM