PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Want to know about the H3

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 05:46 AM
Default RE: Want to know about the H3

I just got my second H3 and love it. The only problem you might have is the rear seat room for the kids. They are fun and cool to drive and drive nice. I work for a Cadillac/Hummer dealer and we sell lots of them to familys and the deals are good right now (thats why I traded up). I could also get used to a H2 real fast but are much more $$$$. Steve

Old 11-07-2008, 07:25 AM

I bought my first H3 in September with Employee Pricing for Everyone and $6,000 cash incentive, which made it the least expensive new 4WD SUV available (GMS carried a $7,000 cash incentive in October, but I'm not complaining). Frankly, I hadn't even considered a Hummer before that. I'm really, really glad I got this. It's stylish in its own way, it's not impractical, it's comfortable, it's fun to drive, it appears to be very well built (time will tell), and it p*sses off the Liberals (icing on the cake, IMO). I don't plan to do any off roading, but that's fine. It was built to take more punishment than its tamer cousins, which hopefully will translate into a more durable (long lasting?) car overall.

Old 11-13-2008, 08:59 AM

Camou2, I was told you may know where to go offroad in the Baltimore or Maryland area... we have been going to tank hills old fort holibird, but its kind of lame, any ideas or suggestions.

thanks

PS sorry about writing off topic

Old 11-13-2008, 09:13 AM

I'm about your age, my wife and I have been together since we were 15 and 16, our kids are 23, 20, 18 and 16, all but the 16 year old have their own cars, the point is we finally don't have to buy a car to fit the kids, yah, we are out of the minivan, the funny thing was 18 years of minivans no one ever said, gas will kil ya, we got 16.5 miles to the gallon, my last minivan 2004 Town and Country loaded cost me 25K, my H3 gets 16 MGP, blue booked at $28,555.00 the dealer sold it for $19750.00 basically even if I woudl have paid the 25K for it, spending 25K for an H3 or a minivan getting about the same mpg... I will bet anyone would take the H3, people for some reason think Hummers are expensive and minivan are free... althogh I must say alot of people told me dealers were giving H3's away due to gas prices, I wish i knew where... I got a deal because of the way the dealer advertised it, and being a disabled police officer, so their mistake, and them feeling for an old cop that lost the use of a leg, but again... After years of buying cars for my family, it is time fr me and my wife to get cars for us,and after having driven a Hummer it will be hard for us to buy anything else in the future, I think my wife wants to go to the H2 next, so we'll see. they are great vehicles, I can't wait to see why they are being sold so quick, it could be due to the gas prices scaring some people, but like I said before 16 mpg is 16mpg in a hummer or a minivan. drive what you like you only live once... and don't give jeep owners a ahrd time, its bad enough they have to look up to us... lol jusy kidding, I don't get the rival

Old 11-13-2008, 09:28 AM

Having recently added an H3 to my hummer yard really was a wonderful choice. I read an article about a year ago that compaired the H2 and one of the Hybrid Honda's. The compairison was the cost of ownership for 200K miles. I was very surprised to find that the Hummer was not only cheaper to own and operate, but it was better on the enviroment. The high cost of battery replacement and disposal on the Hybrid was very just rediculous. So you know that the H3 has got to be a good truck as well. I will stick to my Hummers and tell all the hater to **** off, my money is spent on style, safety and economics. And if they don't like that, I can always just park on top of their rice burner. lol

Old 11-13-2008, 10:00 AM

I agree with ya, my H3 is the prettiest decoration I put in my yard for years, and I love to just keep buying all the snap on stuff to make it prettier, roof lights, lift kit on the front end, black marker lights on the front, taillight guards on the back, Dvd headrests, Navigation in the dash, and iPod in the glove box that works over the radio, mine came with a garage door opener on the sunvisor, I don't have a garage, but I do have remote controled porch ligths, so now when we get home after dark, push the button and turn on the house lights, we have so many toys on it and bought so many toys its hard to remember them all, my favorite is my black tactical rims... I'm in love with driving again, just the other day my wife wanted bread so i drove to the store to get a loaf, when I got home she said she meant from the kitchen... it's like when I wasa kid any excuse to get to drive

Old 11-13-2008, 10:22 AM

ORIGINAL: Camou2

There are a little over 30 vehicles in the H3 class of SUV. The H3 is the 4th most cost efficient to own and operate.
Out of curiosity what are #1-3?

Old 11-13-2008, 01:41 PM

I think the list went something like this

#4 was a Red H3
#3 wasBlack H3
#2 was aYellow H3
#1 Boulder Grey H3

I could be wrong, I am kinda partial or is impartial.. I like Hummers, every sicne I was a kid I wanted a Hummer, and not just one, as many as I could get... When I got this Hummer I smiled for a week, just like the 1st time when I was 16 I smiled for a week, something about getten a Hummer that just makes me smile, they are like Tonka Toys though, or maye models would be a better way to describe them, you can keep building onto them, brush guards, taillight guards, undercarraige protection bars, running boards, roof racks, it's like a model that never gets finished, fact is I don't think I want to finish. When my taillight guards came in my wife and son put them on for me, they did it to surprise me, I was actually a little disapointed, I wanted to get to play with it a little, I didn't tell'em though, they knew I was in a ton of pain and did it to be nice. Now I have to get some better pictures of it.

I noticed something kind of interesting about most of the places where we could drive offroad, andit shouldn't be a giant surprise but peole dump their unwanted crap in these areas, so when you 1st get there pick something big, a bike frame, rims, today i aw a gocart frame, if the polcie come to run you off, tell'em someone told you your, (in my case gocart frame) was up there, then tell'em someone stole your gocart, right out of your yard, that ones not yours, where do you go to make a report, or better can they take it, (police hate taking reports, I don't get why, its not that hard to write soemoent old them osemo stole something form'em but they hateit) anyway you did two things, 1st you gave'em a reason for your being there, followed up with some work they might have to do, they will change their focus from yelling at you to trying to get out of writing a report, or as we used to call it, "out of doing their job"thing is they will now focus on trying to get you to go home and report it, or go to the station house and report it, eitherway you get to have fun and not get a ticket for tresspassing or drivng off the designated roadway, or whatever else they dream up. Other excuses are your son or daughter were said to be seen up there, again the kid went missing and you may need a report, make sure the kid is 18 or older, this again at 1st makes think work, then releivs them that its not a little kid, in fact it is a kid that could leave home if they wanted to, so they will try to help you with verbal advice, basically police are great, well good polcie are great, good police don't waste there time on guys driving their trucks in mud, what with shootings, robberies, burglaries, murders, drug dealing etc. good polcie are protecting us from becomeing victims, bad poilce are looking for a way to justify their exisistance without putting themselves into too much danger. When it comes to traffic pop the drunk drivers (pop is a police term, it means to arrest) anyway pop the drunks they could kill inocent people, but to speed up a street to catch a speeder only makes two speeders running up a street, not that I advocate speeding, it is just that there is speeding and there is reckless driving, not all speeding is reckless. Personally I am a police lover, I just think police need to focus on real crime.

I guess that's more than what was asked, red, black, yellow, grey, or maybe #1 should be black, #2 yellow, #3 grey, and #4 red.... Yellow, Black and Grey really look good, not all on the same car lol just playing

Old 11-13-2008, 04:42 PM

, they are like Tonka Toys though, or maye models would be a better way to describe them, you can keep building onto them
Thought that was funny (<My screen name) . When I first got my H3 that's what it reminded me of. It's an adult size playtoy!

Old 11-13-2008, 09:02 PM

ORIGINAL: TonkaToy- When I first got my H3 that's what it reminded me of. It's an adult size playtoy!
Not realizing we all read the same posts, I've written my list of add-ons over and over on these boards, for that all I can say is, "Sorry"more important than the add-ons was thecost of the add-ons, I spent $3702.00 an most things were purchased used, orwell under retail, at retail everything would have come to $6159.00 most of what I bought was new, but sold through liquidators, for instance my Hood handles the seller didn't know what they were; same with the ReadyLift Kit, as for the Seat Backpacks, in that case the seller knew what they were but, for some reason he offers two types of auctions, one he sells singles, the other he sells sets (2), the sets almost always go off at $140.00 -$150.00 the singles go off at $35.00 to $45.00, meaning if you bid on two single auctionswill cost you 80 for the set, shipping is only 6, so add 12 for shipping you still only at $92 shipping on the double set was $9 or $10, so you save a lot by buying two auctions for singles, for some reason not a lot of people are seeing it.My running boards were $19.00without mounting brackets,my truck came with chrome running boards, I'm a black guy; well I'm a white guy, but I dig black and hate chrome,I didn't need the brackets, so I saved a bundle buying a set of running boards without brackets.

So while it is fun building, I spent nearly 4K that I didn't have, that’s the bad news, the good news is, I saved $2457.00so in some way if i would have waited to buy the stuff it would have cost me a lot more, and I wonder why I'm poor... you only live once, all my bills are paid, so why not have fun with all the extra doe, I figure I'll be done soon, unless i start playing with paint, or body mods... we'll see

Funny story... while going into a pizza shop my daughter wanted to wait in the truck, the windows are all limo or near limo tint, so no one could see her, a man and his wifecame out of the shop and the guy said, "Nice Hummer, the owner must have a small house!" perhaps a euphemism, for something else being small… no worries here, it's not like I bought an H1... lol... this waspart of the reason for the Pic in the corner under my username of our truck in front of a cabin we rented on a recent camping trip;it does appear that the owner has a very small house.

I talk well write a lot, sorry