PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wait for the H3T or not,,,, what to do ????

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 05:58 AM
Default Wait for the H3T or not,,,, what to do ????

Forgive my rant but Im very back and forth on what to buy and thought I would post my thoughts for some feedback.

A few months ago I was all set to get a new H3 to replace the06 H3that I sold, then the H3T spy pictures came out, then Im thinkin I will hold off and wait for the H3T, then the real H3T pictures come out and Im thinkin,, very cool,, I must have one,,,, then the more I look at the H3T Im starting to wonder if I like the H3 or the H3T better.

I could wait for the next 6 to 8 months to pass and then wait to seethe H3Tin person, and that would make mychoice easy, but then, what if when the H3T comes out and it looks or drives like crap in person,,, I now just waited 6 to 8 months for no reason,,, and I end up buying the H3.

What if I buy an H3 now and then 6 to 8 months later the H3T comes out,,,,, I go look at it,,,, fall in love with it,,, and must have one,,, but I cant get it because Inow have anew H3 that I recently purchased.

A few weeks ago I read where someone that had gone to the last auto show said "the H3T looks much better in person",,, that just made things harder reading that statement.

Am I the only one that thinks about this crazy not knowing whatbuything.

Anyhow, sorry for the dumbass rant of mine,,, opinions welcome.

Cheers
Davyo

Old 03-13-2008, 07:47 AM
Default RE: Wait for the H3T or not,,,, what to do ????

Well do you plan of off-roading or have a need for the 5-ft. bed? If the answer is yes to both of these questions wait and get the H3T. If you don't need the bed get the H3 now and save some money on any deals you can get on a leftover.

Old 03-13-2008, 07:10 PM

id go for the h3t plus you have an opportunity to be the first on the block with one because of the trade-in, also when you get a truck, youll find all sorts of use for it, yardwork, moving, atvs, camping/fishing...

Old 03-13-2008, 11:32 PM
Super Moderator

I need the inside space more than an open bed. I'd go for the 3 now.

Old 03-14-2008, 02:17 AM

Thanksto all for the input so far.

As too off-roading, I dont do off-road, I just love Hummers, the look and the way they drive.

As to having a truck with a bed, thats the reason I sold my H3 as I needed a truck bed at the time so I purchased a new Tacoma, great truck, but not a Hummer.
I have since got to were I dont need a truck bed as much as I did but it is nice to have if needed.

And yea, being the first one on the block to have one is a nice thought, thats always fun.

Getting a kill deal on a leftover 08 is a big consideration and Im thinkin the deals are going to be really great as the gas prices have been hitting Hummer sales pretty hard.
A friend of mine that "worked" at the local dealship just quit cuz things were so bad for him and he was pretty vocal to me about the downturn in sales because of the gas prices,,,,, funny thing is I think my H3 got better MPG than my current Toyota gets.

Anyhow, sorry for the ranting, I cant belive I am actually losing sleep over getting the H3 or ther H3T,,,,,, I must seek professional help.

Cheers
Davyo

Old 03-14-2008, 05:29 AM

How about one of each? My wife loves my 08' H3 Alpha that I just purchased in January. So if everything goes according to plan I hope to purchase the H3T, providing I like it, by early next year. I love my H3 but I really miss my pickup bed.

Old 03-14-2008, 05:42 AM

ORIGINAL: alphadogg

How about one of each? My wife loves my 08' H3 Alpha that I just purchased in January. So if everything goes according to plan I hope to purchase the H3T, providing I like it, by early next year. I love my H3 but I really miss my pickup bed.
Yea, I have even kicked around keeping the Tacoma (for the bed) and getting an H3 but its not to do'able, Im single so Im the only driver and twotruck payments would be a bitch at this point in time, not to mention my condo only has a one car garage.
Perhaps down the road in a year or two,, an H3and aH3T, now that would be nice.

Cheers
Davyo

Old 03-14-2008, 07:24 AM

I plan on getting the H4 when it comes out, by than I'll have the H3 paid for and the wife won't be able to complain.

Old 03-14-2008, 08:15 AM
Super Moderator

I figure about the time the H3T comes out, if you off road the Yota you have now, the frame will be cracked by then and you'll have to do something. [8D]

Old 03-14-2008, 08:28 AM
Super Moderator

The H3T will be out in the next couple of months. You won't have to wait 6 to 8 months. I know a couple of dealers around here are supposedly getting them sometime in April or May. Maybe Vegas is an exeption, but considering your area is prime off-roading terrain, I wouldn't imagine them putting Chicago over Vegas, but then again, there are alot of farmers here who would probably take an eye to it.

I wonder if the H3T will turn some F150 owners to the other side.

Quick Reply: Wait for the H3T or not,,,, what to do ????