PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Volant Cool Air Intake

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 05:00 PM
Default Volant Cool Air Intake

I put on a volant cold air instake yesterday. It seems add a little power, although 3" dual exhaust added more.

One odd thing is that sometimes right when I start from a stop I get a weird virbation (almost a growl) that sounds like something is vibrating against something else. I can't see anything that is close to rubbing on something. If can't figure it out, I might send it back...

One last note...

The Volant kit was missing some parts that were listed on the contents (two screws and the oil breather nipple) and the oil breather hose is too short.

Looks good, but I am not too impressed overall.

Old 08-05-2006, 06:57 PM
Default RE: Volant Cool Air Intake

You are not the first person I've heard complaining about missing parts with the Volant Brand..This should be evidence that Volant is not the brand I would choose over K&N.

As far as the rumble..

Make sure none of the pipes are touching each other or anything else..

Sometimes the little hatch covers in the back and door vibrate...I used small stips and pieces of black felt with the peel and stick backing in several spots to buffer it...Also the cup holder vibrates a little too if it's empty.

These are all naturally the low frequency resonace of stuff in the car..Just hunt them down and figure a way to keep them from buzzing.

Old 08-05-2006, 08:25 PM

I think you actually recommended the K&N, but over you good advice I went the Volant because it was enclosed.

I should have listened...

Old 08-10-2006, 02:10 AM

I just pulled the volant cold air intake off. I couldn't get rid the vibration. The vibration was coming from the air box. It is getting shipped back! I would not recommend this system.

Old 08-10-2006, 02:44 AM

ORIGINAL: madmaxmyers

I think you actually recommended the K&N, but over you good advice I went the Volant because it was enclosed.

I should have listened...

I like the enclosed design of the Volant as well. Thanks for the feedback about your experience with the kit. Theres a very good chance I may go with a K&N, and do a little of my own fab work to make the airbox a little more enclosed. I'm still in the research mode on the intake.