PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Volant CAI with PowerCore Filter Owners....

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 08:37 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 07H3X
Glad you got it worked out, can you tell a difference in throttle responce or MPG yet?
Since I also installed a Superchips Flashpaq program and Magnaflow Exhaust at the same time I can't say what each mod did or didn't do. I can tell you that all three combined completely changed the way it runs and thats a good thing. As for MPG I have no idea because I am always getting on it now that it will get out of it's own way!

Old 03-19-2010, 02:41 PM

where did you get your CAI w/powercore filter from? I'm looking to buy the same model for the 07' 3.7 L I5 next month. Would really like to get a good deal and most importantly someone that will be reliable or able to fix the order (maybe i'll get luck and get the right filter the 1st time!). Would really appreciate the site and a name if you've got one (customer service). Thanks for all the info and pics!

Old 03-19-2010, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by BlackH3NJC
where did you get your CAI w/powercore filter from? I'm looking to buy the same model for the 07' 3.7 L I5 next month. Would really like to get a good deal and most importantly someone that will be reliable or able to fix the order (maybe i'll get luck and get the right filter the 1st time!). Would really appreciate the site and a name if you've got one (customer service). Thanks for all the info and pics!
I would like to be able to give you good reference but the place I ordered mine from was not much help at all. I would not reccomend 4WheelOnline.com!!

Old 07-28-2010, 01:50 AM

Hello,
I just read your message regarding the CAI Volant part 15653 for Hummer H3 V8.
I just bought one as well for my Hummer H3 V8.
The result after installation is very bad : no more response around 2000 3000 rpm, very high consumption, difficulties to reach top speed.
I contacted the Technical service from Volant and he is saying that it is not possible ...
Could you please tell me if you are satisfied at the end with your CAI Volant that you installed on your truck.

Old 07-28-2010, 09:20 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by HardcoreDiesel
I think your missing the point. Clearly by the photos I have posted above you can see they use a 8" filter for the Alpha and only a 6" for the I-5's. Just because the stock filters are the same does not mean that I should settle for a smaller filter from an aftermarket kit. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out which filter will flow more air and hold more dirt.....
Actually, I can tell you that the power cores, don't care what size (based upon Donaldson filter technology) all flow so rediculously close to the stock filter rate they provide no mesurable gain in performance. The only plus is they do trap and hold more dirt.

So the larger one will hold more crud.

Old 07-28-2010, 10:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by HardcoreDiesel
Since I also installed a Superchips Flashpaq program and Magnaflow Exhaust at the same time I can't say what each mod did or didn't do. I can tell you that all three combined completely changed the way it runs and thats a good thing. As for MPG I have no idea because I am always getting on it now that it will get out of it's own way!
Damn I wish you had the i5 so I could ask a few q's. I've heard that a tuner and intake on the i5 will make the i5 as fast/powerful as a stock Alpha though.

Oh btw, I would have personally just got the airdoc intake, a nice aftermarket filter, and still made out like 50% cheaper than your Volant setup. Plus I'd trust the airdoc more in deep water than the volant.

Let us know if you find some mpg increase (even if it is with a tuner AND it's an alpha)

Old 07-28-2010, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
Actually, I can tell you that the power cores, don't care what size (based upon Donaldson filter technology) all flow so rediculously close to the stock filter rate they provide no mesurable gain in performance. The only plus is they do trap and hold more dirt.

So the larger one will hold more crud.
x2 .....

Old 07-28-2010, 10:54 AM
Banned
Default $12,,10% mpg,,,ADVANCE AUTO

the advance auto filt looked much better than the old one and i went from 18 to 20 mpg, a good 10 % I COULD BUY 25 OF THEM and change every 10000 miles, FOR 300

or if you want 10 % SAVING JUST TAKE ABOUT $6 OUT OF A 300 STASH FOR EACH FILLUP, NEXT 50 TANKS AND YOU GOT 10 % WITHOUT THE 350 FILT!!

I DONT THINK NASA WOULD PAY 300 FOR A ROLL OF PAPER!!

BTW MOST USERS VERIFY THE KNN TO BE A JOKE ALSO

NONE OF THIS RIPOFF AFTER MARKET STUFF WILL EVER PAY OFF,,,BUT IF YOU FEEL GOOD LAYING DOWN THE GAS MONEY FOR A ROLL OF PAPER,,HAVE AT IT!!! NOT ME!

TOM

Old 07-28-2010, 12:54 PM
Banned

What kind of advanced auto filter did you go with to get the 2mpg gain? Thats pretty damn awesome. Stock intake, with just an Advanced Auto filter?