PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

VentVisors

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 01:07 PM
Default VentVisors

Hey guys, can anyone give me any feedback on vent visors you installed ? I was looking at the Putco inchannel visors but it seems people tend to say they do not hold well enough, rattle while on the road and possibly create friction with the windows. Has anyone had any experience with them ? Also any other outside mounted visors you guys think that might be good ? I tried searching on the forum for info but for whatever reason nothing happens when I click on search, cant get the search window to come up.

Old 03-23-2009, 05:02 PM
JNR

I don't know if they make this type, but stay away from the style that sticks on the outside...Had a pair on my ZR2 and they sucked (leaked). On the other head, had some weather-tec (?) that went on the inside of the window channel and absolutely loved them. I hope they have that kind for H3/T

Old 03-23-2009, 06:25 PM

putco is the worst. i had nothing but bad luk with all there products,i have in channel by weather tech and love them. no issues and have had them for a year now

Old 03-24-2009, 02:05 PM

I might go with the weather tech's after reading your posts guys, although, I have to admitt I looked at the pics Lucky and I dont exactly like the way it looks, or rather I think the outside visors are a bit more bulky and have a more stand out look to them which I like. I can hardly notice yours being there at all but still it looks nice.

Old 03-24-2009, 08:56 PM

every 1 has there own taste, i did not want any that go out side the channel cause u have to stick them on and a friend of mine who had the stick on had his car window smashed in and the visor cracked and a piece came off and he had a hell of a time pulling it off,he said it kept cracking and then he had to clean the old adhesive off and it took him 1 hr be4 he had the replacement on. now i researched the in channel and found some 1 had the same thing happen to him with in channel and he had the new one in 2 min which i believe cause they only take a min to put each one in. good luk in your desicion, and i think mine stand out just the right amount,maybe u cant tell by the pic and also they do come in diffrent shades so maybe u will want a diffrent color then mine. peace out and Hummer on

Old 04-15-2009, 09:34 PM

I have the putco ones on mine, front and back ($40 on amazon with free shipping-STEAL) . have had no problems with them, however the back ones do hit a little when i roll the windows up but it's very minor. I think they look great too, i don't like the outside ones they too big for my taste, but to each his own i guess.

Old 03-30-2010, 09:35 PM

Should have hit this site first before taking the Putco plunge. Bought a set of 4 window visors from Amazon. Price was great, under $30 with free shipping. Also, these were in channel which I prefer versus sticking on side of vehicle.

Bought these ones http://www.amazon.com/Putco-580505-E...tive&carId=003

Issues
Front left and right did not fit correctly and would have to be trimmed down as the closest front piece has a piece that sticks out and pushes the rubber moulding out. The piece that sticks out prevents window from closing.

Rear pieces are mismarked in the little sleeves and need to be reversed from driver's side to passenger side and vice versa. Also, windows will not close with these in place and actually stop. I called Putco and they said that you should close your windows for 24 hours by pushing the visors out of the way. No problem but that is not written on the box.

Sending them back to amazon real quick!

Old 03-30-2010, 10:49 PM

I have the putco in channel set of 4 from amazon they are great in my opinion. When you first put them in you need to press them up against the channel wall so the window closes and leave your windows closed for a few days if possible. Mine are working perfect I love them and look 100 times better then those ones that stick over the window frame they look like garbage. Best 40 something dollars I have spent on the truck to date.

Old 03-30-2010, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by rmach3
Should have hit this site first before taking the Putco plunge. Bought a set of 4 window visors from Amazon. Price was great, under $30 with free shipping. Also, these were in channel which I prefer versus sticking on side of vehicle.

Bought these ones http://www.amazon.com/Putco-580505-E...tive&carId=003

Issues
Front left and right did not fit correctly and would have to be trimmed down as the closest front piece has a piece that sticks out and pushes the rubber moulding out. The piece that sticks out prevents window from closing.

Rear pieces are mismarked in the little sleeves and need to be reversed from driver's side to passenger side and vice versa. Also, windows will not close with these in place and actually stop. I called Putco and they said that you should close your windows for 24 hours by pushing the visors out of the way. No problem but that is not written on the box.

Sending them back to amazon real quick!
Is that the review from amazon cause I saw that when I bought my The guy that made that review was a idiot and put his visor's in backwards. I dont know how he did it since its almost impossible to put them in backwards. They are literally molded to the contour of the window frame so trying to put them in any other way almost breaks them or makes them bow. When you get them try to put them in without taking the adhesive covering off see if you like there fit and look if you don't like them send em back.

Old 03-31-2010, 07:45 AM

Spend the $$ and get Weather Tech..Remember..You get what you pay for ....................