PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Users of Flashpaq and victims of the dreaded clunk

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 11:01 AM
Default Users of Flashpaq and victims of the dreaded clunk

Have any users of a Flashpaq or similar programmer had luck with either eliminating or minimizing the dreaded clunk in there H2 or similar GM truck?

Today I used my Flashpaq F5 in my 08 H2 to clear a check engine light for a faulty O2 sensor and figured while I was in there I would try the performance tune as I already use premium gas. The shift points are a little abrupt for my taste during hard acceleration but the sensation of a downshift while slowing or coasting to a stop immediately followed by a clunk when accelerating was greatly diminished or eliminated.

I intend to follow this posting with an update after I scale back the settings to soften up the shift points but without resulting in the downshift sensation.

Old 08-04-2017, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by gopantherpride
Have any users of a Flashpaq or similar programmer had luck with either eliminating or minimizing the dreaded clunk in there H2 or similar GM truck?

Today I used my Flashpaq F5 in my 08 H2 to clear a check engine light for a faulty O2 sensor and figured while I was in there I would try the performance tune as I already use premium gas. The shift points are a little abrupt for my taste during hard acceleration but the sensation of a downshift while slowing or coasting to a stop immediately followed by a clunk when accelerating was greatly diminished or eliminated.

I intend to follow this posting with an update after I scale back the settings to soften up the shift points but without resulting in the downshift sensation.
Terminology goof on my part as I went back into the programmer; making adjustments to the shift points wasn't accurate... I was actually adjusting the shift torque. I dropped down to 50% for my drive into and around town and then back up to 75% for the trip back home. I will stay at 75% shift torque for now to monitor transmission temps on longer drives and the low speed clunk sensation which was greatly reduced...

Old 08-06-2017, 12:55 PM

Been a couple days and I've gone back to 100% shift torque ie, recommended Flashpaq setting and returned the 1-2, 2-3 and 3-4 shift points back to the stock settings. The low speed clunk sensation is still minimal or non-existent but I'm happy. I need more highway driving to make a final decision on shift points but that will take time as I'm mostly rural and city driving.