PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

upgrading stock lighting in front end.

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 11:48 AM

I do already have the hid headlights, just wanted to get some more lighting for wheeling. I have height issues in my garage so I was looking for the oem light bar. haven't found one yet that is reasonable after losing the bid on one that was on fleabay. I was trying to keep it looking stock. I had the drl wired to my headlights and had upgraded the bulbs themselves but would rather have fog lights with an independent switch as right now I blind peeps in short cars.

those look great fastfill.

Old 10-25-2013, 03:06 PM
Default Fogs

I do have them on a separate switch. I also have 4 piaas mounted on a warn light bar on the oem brushguard. They are also on a separate switch

Old 10-25-2013, 06:59 PM

Here is the difference in just the headlight lenses. I am going to do the drl to fog lamp conversion this weekend and I'll post after pics. Kind of like it without a grill. Left one is new, right one is old.

Last edited by H2CANEPADESIGN; 10-26-2013 at 11:35 AM.
Old 10-26-2013, 11:34 AM

hey Fastfill. what did u use to cut the front plastic fascia with? I have a dremmel but it usually melts plastic when cutting. just curious how difficult it was so I can plan time.

Old 10-27-2013, 06:36 PM
Default Cutting

The only cutting I did was for the hid headlights. I used an air grinder and some snips. Didn't take too much time. I did not cut for the fogs

Old 10-27-2013, 10:10 PM

Why did you need to cut anything for the HID's? Shouldn't be any cutting, filing or grinding involved.

Old 10-29-2013, 01:04 PM

When I did the headlights they were just plug and play..didn't have to do any cutting or mods to the housing. the fog/drls on the other hand are requiring quite a bit of work and I went through it all this last weekend only to discover I had cut the pattern upside down and ordered the wrong kit. what a maroon! DOH! in process of installing hid foglamp and removing the xenon kit. will update when I cool down and use my head.

Old 10-30-2013, 06:21 PM

OK. Up and running. here is the delta fog/drl conversion kit installed and running. Yes! the lights are upside down. (dremmel noob mistake) luckily for me they are waterproof so doesn't really matter. they have adjusters built in so I can raise and lower them. at night they are brighter than my hid headlamps but they do transmit quite a bit of heat. I can feel them at 5 feet away.

Old 10-30-2013, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by H2CANEPADESIGN
OK. Up and running. here is the delta fog/drl conversion kit installed and running. Yes! the lights are upside down. (dremmel noob mistake) luckily for me they are waterproof so doesn't really matter. they have adjusters built in so I can raise and lower them. at night they are brighter than my hid headlamps but they do transmit quite a bit of heat. I can feel them at 5 feet away.
HEat 5 ft away ... Nice I like that ... Now you can burn the bald on the ahead car

Looks nice , could you take a night pic

Old 11-01-2013, 10:55 AM

sure, Ill take one tonight. I have to lower the beams from the fogs. they are like spotlights.

Quick Reply: upgrading stock lighting in front end.