PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Upgrading to leather/power seats

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator
Default Upgrading to leather/power seats

I know some members on the forum have had their seats reapholstered with that pseudo or real leather. My wife's biggest complaint about the H3 is that it hurts her back. Is the best best for upgrading the front seats pulling the power ones out of a junk in the junk yard? I'm sure the dealer price is outrageous. If I keep the H3 or get another one, I want to make sure it has power leather seats, not for me, but for her, so when we take more trips this summer she'll be comfy. Personally, I don't like leather and probablynever will

Old 01-11-2008, 02:47 PM
Default RE: Upgrading to leather/power seats

I don't know how the leather seats would help the back - they have the same basic construction, don't they? I don't know if the cloth seats have lumbar support like the lux seats. The lux seats are leather, lumbar support, power and heated. The heat is good in the cold but that's not always the best thing for a bad back as cold reduces swelling that sometimes causes the pain.

If the H3 seats are uncomfortable, your wife might benefit more from the addition of ergonomic cushions like from Relax the Back, http://www.relaxtheback.com/catalog/...mp;pages=false

That would certainly be a less expensive and less drastic option.

[/align]

Old 01-11-2008, 04:16 PM

Check eBay for COMPLETE seat packages!!

I see them from time to time. What colour? I can keep my eyes open for ya!!

Old 01-11-2008, 05:58 PM

I can get the leather seat replacements.....I hope this don't violate any forum policies......just pm or email me......

Old 01-12-2008, 05:44 AM

I have a bad back due to a car accident 10 years ago. I got the leather seats for the lumbar support and heat options. I can't ride to long in my H3 without getting out and stretching but the those options on the Lux seats really do help me.

Old 01-12-2008, 06:07 AM
Super Moderator

Solar: You are fine. As long as you don't advertise you are not doing anything wrong. I'll definitely get in touch with you!

Trey: That's what I figured. It's not just her back, but she is short and says the seats don't fit her well, but her back does get uncomfortable.

Old 01-12-2008, 07:39 AM

I have the cloth in my Tactical and it has lumbar, so does the wifes with power Leather. Other than the material there is a slight difference in the cushioning of the seats. My wifes leather and the leather we had in the 06 do feel more comfortable. Mind doesn't bother me though, of course like I said, I have the lumbar also. Although, the Army bought a bunch of H3's for us to drive around to sporting events and such. It is a base model with the cloth seats and NO lumbar and that thing is the most uncomfortable 3 I've ever been in. So maybe the whole seat construction is different with the lumbar option?Would make sense, they would have to change the back area to accomodate the moving lumbar support.

Old 01-12-2008, 08:04 AM
Super Moderator

I was thinking perhaps the better solution to replacing the seats would be to buy some of those pads that strap on to the seats and cover them with custom seat covers. I'll wait and see what happens and if I end up trading it in. I'd like to try to get a H3 with the LUX package just so she has the support she needs. She is not looking forward to taking a road trip with the H3 unless I can figure something out, and I don't blame her.

Old 01-12-2008, 11:27 AM
Super Moderator

that's a nice link you posted.... I might look inot a couple of those things for the work van...

Old 01-12-2008, 03:03 PM

I cannot remember the name but a company a few months back was selling memory material (like the tempurpedics) seats for the H2 and the H3

Quick Reply: Upgrading to leather/power seats