PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

uneven front right tire wear & fluid leak

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2016, 07:30 PM
Question uneven front right tire wear & fluid leak

Hello hummers, I'm a new member here who just bought an 2008, 5 cylinder, automatic 4 speed, basic package hummer h3 from a previous owner, with a total about 136k mileage on it. There are few problems that I encounter with this H3, and I would like to hear some advice from others...

This H3 seems to be pulling to the right when let go the steering wheel(steering wheel also turns abit, doesn't matter high/low mph), if I hold the steering wheel to the left a little, it can go straight.

The front right passenger side tire seem to be worn "funny", where the outer edge treads are worn to a point nearly flat rubber. The front tires doesn't look "perpendicular to ground" neither.

Get under the H3, there are sign of fluid leaking around, I think is either from the front differential? or the transmission pan?

The previous owner done very little maintenance beside few engine oil change, rotate tires, and once or twice alignment.

I believe this h3 been abused for quite a bit, so I'm here asking for help, any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

James

Attached Thumbnails uneven front right tire wear & fluid leak-1.jpg   uneven front right tire wear & fluid leak-2.jpg   uneven front right tire wear & fluid leak-3.jpg   uneven front right tire wear & fluid leak-4.jpg   uneven front right tire wear & fluid leak-5.jpg  

Old 07-02-2016, 01:55 PM

What is your measurement from ground to wheel well on each side?
I'm guessing your desperate need of alignment and new tires...
Caster camber tow seem off.
Fluid looks like diff or oil seeping.
Welcome by the way.
I'm guessing here but shocks need doing too?

Old 07-03-2016, 05:51 PM

Welcome from SoCal.
Is your H leveled or stink bug ? Measure from the center of the hub ( H in center cap is easiest ) make sure both sides are the same . If your truck is level , make sure it's not more than 23.5 inches. But you do need an alignment . This should stop the odd wear pattern and will bring you steering wheel back to center .