PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Under Body Shield Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 08:18 PM
Default Under Body Shield Question

Hello all...
Does anyone know if the H3 accessory, "Under Body Shield", Part #12498474, for the transmission and transfer case already has the holes drilled in the body/frame? I want to purchase one but the dealer wants my first born to install it. If the holes are already drilled in the H3 body/frame and I just have to bolt it on, then no problem I can do it myself but I get leary on drilling and tapping holes in the frame.
Anyone's advice would be appreciated.
Thanks...

Old 02-26-2007, 10:19 PM
Default RE: Under Body Shield Question

Yep you have to remove some existing bolts and swap out some they send. It uses existing holes. No drilling. Helps to have some help to hold it up.
Get it here

http://www.gmaccessories-direct.com/...oducts_id=3727

Go wheelin

Old 02-26-2007, 10:46 PM

Hunner is correct. No drilling at all. If you can follow instructions and are slightly handy with a wrench than you can install it yourself.

I would add that I found the instructions to be a little confusing so make sure you take your time and think each step though before you perform it. Their not light pieces so if you can have a friend help you hold them up while you insert the bolts that would be better.

Old 02-26-2007, 11:17 PM

Thanks guys. What do you know about the Side Window Deflectors/Vent Visors, how are they installed? Any drilling or do they just somehow slip into the door window molding? And the splashguards, do they have predrilled holes in the wheelwell? Do the tires have to be removed to install them?
Things seem to be very inexpensive on the gmaccessories website. About 1/4 the cost of what a dealer wants to charge. I think I will have them install the roof marker lights and add-on lower grille fog lights for me though. Not that I couldn't do it I just don't feel like cracking open the dash for the wiring.
Thanks...

Old 02-26-2007, 11:24 PM

dont know about the mud flaps... i think they screw on
but the windowvisorsare stick on w/ the 3m tape

Old 02-27-2007, 04:21 AM

Mud flaps generally use the pre-existing holes and clipsthat are used to hold the wheel wells in place. Some kits require an additional hole to be drilled in the plastic, but are very easy to install.

Old 02-27-2007, 05:27 PM

Do the tires have to be removed to access these holes?

Old 02-27-2007, 06:26 PM

ORIGINAL: Skoal

Do the tires have to be removed to access these holes?
Yes, but the wheels must remain on the truck in order to get the flaps to line up correctly...

And yes.. I am an *******..

I once put some mudflaps on an S-10 I had when I was a teenager. At first I had all sorts of issues, couldn't get the screwdriver to fit between the screw head and the tire.. So I removed the wheel.. Ismartened myselfup halfway through taking the lugnuts off the other side.. I tightened the lugs back up, lowered the jack and simply turned the steering wheel in the direction that moved the rear of the tire into the wheel well and out of my way... D'Oh..!!!!

Old 02-28-2007, 03:18 AM

Smog must be gittn bad over towards Memphis. You need some Ouachita Arky air. A right angle drill and short bits work too! Come on let's got to Sedona!! I want some red dirt on my H3.
I might be getting the skids tomorrow. I know I know but I saw and touched them today. Welding is supposed to be done if they dont find another excuse. Patience and perserverance. The second Hummer happening is going to be moved to the 14th. Doh some Christians realized the 7th was Easter weekend. Of course most of us over there are heathens anyway.
You know you want these befoe you come follow me in my backyard!!

http://www.orvpark.com/events/

[IMG]local://upfiles/1095/D7D9DFF2360B4F6E93491B8ABBD4AB72.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-28-2007, 05:24 AM

One of 'em still on the 31st..?? Think I've worked my way around being off work that weekend.. The following I'll be on a plane head back from Cozumel, so there's no way I'll get out of working the 14th...

I ain't worried about dragging parts off my truck.. I'm to paranoid.. I'll just follow you, if I see sparks, I leave it alone..

Quick Reply: Under Body Shield Question