PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmission Shift

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 01:11 AM
Default RE: Transmission Shift

No I actually am holding it untill I see what happens with this situation )))) originally my salesman told me to bring it in for him to fill out and he would give me a free oil change, but now that I have the 2 free years I could care less (although I was going to keep it anyhow if they did not make me happy) I already been thinking about writing some nusty things about their service department but I guess I need to give them another chance..... dont want to be a jerk if they can make it right

Old 02-20-2006, 08:00 AM

All automatic transmissions shift hard cold... Everything internally works hydraulically so it only stands to reason that where it is very cold and the fluid is double thick the transmission will shift double hard... Warming the engine dos little to warm the transmission... Driving is really the only way to do it and you should always go easy on an extra cold automatic... They simply have to warm up to function properly and seeing how fast it can shift cold is only going to damage it...

That said, when I went to test drive my first one at the dealer it would not go in reverse... The service guy that came to get it from the front of the dealership got it into the shop by running it up to about 6000 rpms... Apparently, someone at the factory forgot to fill the tranny fluid or at least that's what the dealer told me... So I guess there are a couple of possibilities...

Old 02-20-2006, 11:09 AM

I have spent a fair amount of time in Colorado and I have never experienced any difficulties with the transmission just because it was cold (not an h3 though). And certainly not that it refused to go in reverse.

But of course it could be normal for the transmission they used for the h3.

Old 04-27-2009, 10:31 PM
Question Hard shift 09 Hummer

I have the new engine in the 09 Hummer. I had to bring the car in for the transmission shifting poorly. The car would clunk so hard that it sounded like you hit a metal garbage can. People as passengers would startle and look around. It was bad, you could hear the transmission jam. I was told that there was an update, but most don't use it because it affects performance. I did it anyways, as it's too bad not too. Well, now with the upgrade my car sometimes shifts and pushes me forward. It still doesn't shift right and sometimes it sounds like it use to, but not quite as loud. Anyone else have this trouble?

Old 04-28-2009, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by dilo2001gt
when i had my windows tinted it took them two seconds to take the panel off tint the window put it on with in fifteen min.
You have a very BAD dealership, I have NEVER seen a door panel or know why one would need to be taken off to tint windows.

Old 04-28-2009, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator

Guys........ Hello............... this thread is THREE YEARS OLD!

Let's not grave dig. Locked and time to move on.