PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

transmission help please

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 06:51 PM
Default transmission help please

So i am driving along and i here a loud bang, now the car isnt moving, i can move forward and drive in d1 and d2, 06 h3 with only 62k. Is my tranny done?
Please let me know what you guys think.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:13 PM
Banned

Wow thats nuts. What exactly were you doing when driving? Is there fluid in the trans? Does it smell/look burnt? Need more details.

Old 07-12-2010, 08:55 AM
Default Sorry was on vacation for awhile

I was making a slow turn and thats when i heard the bang, the car showed no sign of any issues or slippage before this, fluid level is normal and no burning smell, i have had the vehicle for 2 yrs, purchased it when it had 38k and towed maybe 2 times nothing over 1k lbs.

Old 07-12-2010, 09:12 AM
Banned
Default lok mode stress?

were u in a lock mode?? sounds like it,clunk while turning

could it be lock mode stress and the soft spot (trans) gave its life to save the cheaper parts

in tv sets the $25 flyback would die to save the 10 cent fuse

but then tv's are cheep and useless

i posted b4 about a flashing led to warn about lock mode when our minds get unlocked, its a 99 cent tranny saver

tom

Old 07-12-2010, 03:07 PM

Possibly could have been i really didn't pay attention to it, so you think the tranny gave ?

Old 07-12-2010, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by drtom
were u in a lock mode?? sounds like it,clunk while turning

could it be lock mode stress and the soft spot (trans) gave its life to save the cheaper parts

in tv sets the $25 flyback would die to save the 10 cent fuse

but then tv's are cheep and useless

i posted b4 about a flashing led to warn about lock mode when our minds get unlocked, its a 99 cent tranny saver

tom
whats a lock mode good to know for future reference

Old 07-12-2010, 05:04 PM
Banned

Whats lock mode?? Really? It's when you push 4hi-L lol. To engage the center differential

Old 07-12-2010, 05:26 PM

Check your 4 wheel drive option in the dash. Make sure the Left End is lighted or else you damage the car.

Old 07-12-2010, 06:09 PM

let's us know what happened when you find the problem?
Thanks

Old 07-12-2010, 06:33 PM
Banned
Default Very dangerous for h3 people

I TOOK QUOTES FROM 2 POSTS,,,SCARY!!

"whats a lock mode good to know for future reference

Possibly could have been i really didn't pay attention to it, so you think the tranny gave ?

when i got my "new"07 h3 i was very interested in all wheel drive since i never had any 4 wheel experience. i read carfully about "the modes"

actually the guy at carmax was very helpful and very concerned that i NOT PUSH a lock button and explained why,then i read

any one owning a h3 owes it to himself to get educated in what they are driving and dont just push buttons to see what happens. that makes the shops rich.

the user manual clearly states the why and how of it.
someone who knows the engineering of the regular h3, and adventure, can give more details,,,I JUST READ AND FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS!!!

i drive thru my field in lok mode,hi/lo to xercize the mechanics,and sometime,in the morning i get surprised with my tranny saver, 99 cent flashing led. makr it a habit to look b4 u start, at the leds/buttons

tom

Quick Reply: transmission help please