PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Transformers - (warning, spoilers) Best movie I have ever seen! (no, seriously)

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 07:32 PM
Default RE: Transformers - Best movie I have ever seen! (no, seriously)

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy
I honestly think you spent WAY too much time analyzing the movie for it's flaws and didn't take enough time to enjoy it. I honestly don't understand why people pay to go to movies, just to analzye and nit-pick at the flaws instead of taking in as an overall experience. I'm not trying to pick on you, but justthink you judged it way too much as a serious realistic movie instead of a fantasy. Just my opinion so don't hate me for it

Like I said, it's just our opinions and we all have them. Yes, I'm 31 and when I was a kid, had all the toys and watched all the cartoons, so I remember the small details they added to the film to make it reference the classic series. There are more, but I'm not going to spoil them for the people who haven't seen it yet. You can figure them out
Unfortunately, yes, I do spend WAY too much time analyzing films.....could be because I produce them (ok, one for now but hopefully many more coming). It's all about opinions and most will enjoy the film. I did watch transformers when I was younger but was not obsessive like I was with Star Wars. I am 37 so I was a little older when it was really big and I did not follow it enough to know the small things that paid tribute to the cartoon.

And feel free to pick on me, I'm a grown man, I can take it. Plus I'm better looking than you.

Old 07-06-2007, 07:39 PM

Speaking of movies Marc.......................Wadup with dat?

Old 07-06-2007, 07:42 PM

ORIGINAL: blackstangs281

Speaking of movies Marc.......................Wadup with dat?
We just wrapped shooting last weekend (thank god!). Most of the film has been edited so I would say it will be ready in about a month. Then we are getting it to some distributors that want to see the rough cut. We will be doing a few "sneak peaks" in Hollywood, GA and then in Atlanta, GA and we will see what happens after that (possible festival, etc).

For those that want to see the trailer, go to www.myspace.com/stimulusfilms

Old 07-06-2007, 07:55 PM
Super Moderator

First off, I want to say Thank You, basically for being one of the very few on here that seem to be able to voice and take opinions without taking them personal and getting angry (you know who you are!). Welcome to that elite club of ours

Secondly, just because people say I should have been an actor because nobody can figure me out doesn't mean I'm kissing your *** I just wanted to shed some light on the original series' references for you. I can completely understand why you examined the film ( and honestly figured you had to be a writer, actor or critic lol) being who you are and what you do. All I'm saying is have a bit of an open mind about what the movie really is, which is a movie to entertain people who stereotypically are action buffs, not to mention Transformers fans.

Now I really need to finish my book. you guys make me feel talentless (again, you KNOW who you are!)

Old 07-06-2007, 08:00 PM
Super Moderator

Nevermind, I remember who your're married to now. DOH!

Old 07-06-2007, 08:04 PM

Nevermind, I remember who your're married to now. DOH!
Hey ... why am I getting brought into this thesis ... what'd i do?

Old 07-06-2007, 08:05 PM

I just watched "MY SUPER EX-GIRLFRIEND" ..Now that was really believable and full of special cool computer animated effects too...

Old 07-06-2007, 08:09 PM
Super Moderator

I would call it more embarrasment that I forgot then bringijng you into this (give me a break, I'm typing this all on a PDA on the train ) and your hubby here should be taking care of you and not posting! Dennis would.........

Old 07-06-2007, 08:10 PM

First off, I want to say Thank You, basically for being one of the very few on here that seem to be able to voice and take opinions without taking them personal and getting angry (you know who you are!). Welcome to that elite club of ours

Secondly, just because people say I should have been an actor because nobody can figure me out doesn't mean I'm kissing your *** I just wanted to shed some light on the original series' references for you. I can completely understand why you examined the film ( and honestly figured you had to be a writer, actor or critic lol) being who you are and what you do. All I'm saying is have a bit of an open mind about what the movie really is, which is a movie to entertain people who stereotypically are action buffs, not to mention Transformers fans.

Now I really need to finish my book. you guys make me feel talentless (again, you KNOW who you are!)
It's all good. Many people take message boards and differing opinions WAY too serious. If I didn't have thick skin, I certainly would have never got into making films. I'm there will be many that hate our film or think it sucks. Hopefully there are many more that love it. If not, oh well, off the make the next one.

I love being a part in making films because of the entertainment. Unfortunately for me, I tend to be very critical of films in general. I guess I just look at it from a different angle, who knows. It wasn't that I didn't enjoy Transformers, it was fun. I just didn't care about them as much as I think Michael Bay wanted me to in the end and I believe that was due to the silly humor by the robots in general. I couldn't really take them serious and I think that hurts the ending. And it's not that I hate silly humor, I LOVE it (ask my wife ) One of my favorite movies all time is Dumb and Dumber, can't get much more silly than that. LOL But that humor worked with the story IMO.

But compare that the Braveheart or Gladiator and to me, those films are worlds apart from Transformers. I REALLY cared about those characters and was very moved by those films.

Old 07-06-2007, 08:13 PM

I would call it more embarrasment that I forgot then bringijng you into this (give me a break, I'm typing this all on a PDA on the train ) and your hubby here should be taking care of you and not posting! Dennis would.........
VERY TRUE!!! Marc you reading this?!??!!? Dennis would be taking care of me, feeding me strawberry ice cream, probably!!

Quick Reply: Transformers - (warning, spoilers) Best movie I have ever seen! (no, seriously)