PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trade in value (thinking about getting an '08)

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 06:06 PM
Default trade in value (thinking about getting an '08)

I'm really considering trading my truck in on an '08. I am wondering if anybody has any insight into what i can expect to be offered in trade?

After alot of thought, i think the more powerful and stronger drivetrain and new safety features outweigh the hesitation i have about the interior. I'll just have to look at an actual '08s interior and sit in the seats to see if they are as comfy as the older trucks.

Old 05-07-2007, 06:19 PM
Default RE: trade in value (thinking about getting an '08)

kbb says around $40,000. But it doesn't take into account all the extras that i have (the billet, the winch, the DVD players, etc.).

Thats a pretty big hit for a year and a half of ownership, and if I can't get a better deal than that, or get a dealer to swap out all my accessories and replace them with the factory stuff from the '08, the trade would be financially sucky.

Old 05-07-2007, 07:29 PM

Your best bet is to remove it all in advance and put your stock parts back on ... then trade it ... Dealer willcharge you for the labor to swap em out, well, more than likely at least .... plus, -08's are different than the prior years .. some parts may not fit at all anymore ... If you want my .02 on the matter ... hold on to what you have for another year or two ... then rethink it :-) You will sit prettier on the loan vs. value bit too, assuming you have a loan on it I guess lol!
Hell, I'm still rollin in my -03 and wouldn't dream of trading it ... once the loan is gone here hopefully in the next 6 months *prays to poker gods lol* I'll prolly try to get a second vehicle again since the Deuce won't cost fricken $1,400/month (I make huge over payments to get it over with) anymore. I may just have to get me that H1 wagon I've been wanting for forever and a dayif I can get a good deal on a used one :-)

Old 05-07-2007, 08:06 PM

yeah, that is probably good advice.

I find myself having a dream-on, dream-off relationship with the H1. Most of the dream-off is because i'm not a mechanic and the local dealer is notorious for overcharging on hummer fixes.

Old 05-08-2007, 12:06 AM

NEVER buy new...youll be taking the loss on the one you have now AND the new one...You can upgrade a whole lot for the $$$ youll be losing....

Old 05-08-2007, 11:47 AM

That sucks doode ... my dealer is somewhat on the high side on certain things and low on others ... I will however admit over all they are great to deal with and I've never had a bad experience with them. If I do end up buying one I may have to try to do it through them and get a warranty to go with it if at all possible ... They have a wagon sitting on their lot right now I'm interested in but lists in the 80's due to it being as new as it is ... noway I'm dropping that on a truck ... even with a good down payment I'm looking at about a grand a month for 6 years, no thanks LOL! I've made enough of an effort trying to get my deucepaid off beforemid -09 (6 year loan {{shudder}})to acquire an even higher debt and start all over again for another 6 years...

I am mechanically inclined but can't really do too much due to my back An alternator job on my old Celica took me 3 months to recover from and it just ain't worth it to me anymore. It was one thingwhen I couldn't afford to get a vehicle repaired and had to do it myself... but these days I don't have much along the lines of $ problems so I'd rather part with a few Benjamin's and avoid doc/ER visits, months of PT just to get back to where I wasbefore I started turning wrenches!

Now, I wouldn't say "NEVER buy new" like CDi did .. after all, when you buy used you are buying someone elses problems too ... potentially at least .. plus .. with these vehicles you NEVER know how much the previous owner tore it up. A totally offroad tricked out H2 looks good as hell when you look at it on the lot .. but I would NEVER buy one like that. If I bought a used Deuce I would do it only if I knew what the previous owner did to it .. if it was a lil' ol' lady driving it on the highway for 45,000 miles, I'd ****** it up in an instant ... if it was a22-23 year old kid who used to offroad a lot, not a chance in hell .. I know what I've done to mine and I'm just a newb in the offroading category .... I'm sure you can relate Greenie, since you tend to get yours tore up regularly yourself ... would you buy your own truck from a lot knowing how abused it had been? I know I wouldn't!!!!! LOL!!

Old 05-09-2007, 12:33 AM

Yeah, there is a risk..I got my 04 with less than 36K on it, and bought a GM warranty..so no worries here. However, I think the benefits can outweigh the losses...just run a CarFax..

I got under mine and really checked the carriage, as the dealer didnt detail it..it was easy top see there were no "Globs of Grass" lodged in unseen places.. Some old lady had mine, thats for sure..

Old 05-09-2007, 12:49 AM

Or they took a power washer to it .. seems to do the trick getting nature and mud out for me :-)

Old 05-09-2007, 02:13 AM

pressure washer doesn't do $hit for the clay that ends up baked on to the exhaust.

Old 06-04-2007, 01:00 AM

a pressure washer will hardly take off the mud from the clay soil around here even if not baked on. You have to soak the thing. Honestly, the only way is to get it in the water/mud again, to get it all wet, play there for an hour or 2 and then pressure wash it when its fresh.

Quick Reply: trade in value (thinking about getting an '08)