PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trade Offer that might interest everybody!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 08:45 AM
Default Trade Offer that might interest everybody!

I posted this in the "For Sale/Trade" area, but since I actually WANT some Hummer items, (besides having something to offer), I thought I'd post it here too. I normally NEVER duplicate a post, but I think based on content this should be an exception!

This may sound a little off the wall, but I have had much success in the past doing trade deals, and in this economy, swapping something you can't use for something you CAN use, (or sell far easier than the item you're trying to sell), can create a "win-win" scenario for both parties!

Here's MY offer:

I have an extensive collection of guitars, ranging from low-end beginner stuff for the person who wants to start learning but needs to get a guitar of decent quality for much less than any store will offer, to high-end professional musician and/or collector grade instruments that would be equally at home in YOUR collection or Eric Clapton's or Paul McCartney's studio. (Yes, seriously.)

What I'd like to do is save the time of listing them on eBay, even though guitars ALWAYS bring their money in any economy, and ALWAYS sell in a 7 day listing. (No listing over and over and over like you might have to do with Hummer parts, until you find just the right person who wants/needs your item and is willing to pay a fair price to get it.)

Let's face it......there are a LOT more guitar players and collectors than Hummer owners. That's just a rather obvious fact.

If I can save the time of taking the pics, writing the listing, selling the guitar, paying the pay-pal and eBay fees, packing and shipping the guitar, and Then FINALLY, take that money and go buy my Hummer accessories, I'm willing to "over-trade" some of my guitars to get what I want.

By "over-trade", I mean I am willing to trade, for example, a guitar that would bring $1,000 on eBay for a Hummer accessory that would bring $800 on eBay. (IF AND WHEN it would sell, unlike a guitar that will sell, no question, the first time it's listed if priced fairly.)

That leaves YOU with, if you keep the guitar, a great instrument you got at an awesome price, while unloading a part you wanted to get rid of anyway,

OR,

Alternatively, if you have no interest in keeping the guitar, then YOU list it, as you might have done with the Hummer part, with two GREAT differences:

1. Your guitar WILL sell in a week, not "maybe" sell.
2. Your guitar will bring MORE than the Hummer part would have brought, if it sold at all, making the trade deal profitable, in addition to making it easier to convert an item into actual cash.

What's in it for ME?

I got what I wanted for my Hummer faster and easier than doing an eBay listing, which while easy enough, still takes time, something I don't have in great supply with work and family obligations. I'm willing to pay a few bucks to buy some time, and that's essentially, what I'd be doing, as alternatively, I can sell the guitar myself and then go buy what I want.

If this idea interests you, here's what I'm looking for:

ANY "goodies" that will work on either an '06 H2, which I have, or my son's '06 H3.

PM me with a list of what you have, with your asking price if we can do a cash deal, and your wish list for guitars, if you have one. If you're going to sell the guitar(s) anyway, I'll send you a list of what I'm willing to trade and then you can check out what they're bringing on eBay to verify it's a profitable trade for you.

OK.....any questions, don't hesitate to drop me a line!

(PS:I also have a few guitar amps and some recording studio gear as well, if that might interest you.)

Old 10-20-2009, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by RichardS

Let's face it......there are a LOT more guitar players and collectors than Hummer owners. That's just a rather obvious fact.
I can't say that I much care for the way that you posted this.

If it's so obvious that you can sell your guitar stuff so easily why would you want to take a loss on it??????
You also stated that after the trade the person that trades with you will probably sell the guitar stuff anyway. If there are soooo many guitar collectors out there why wouldn't you just sell that stuff yourself????

BTW: I'M NOT A GUITAR COLLECTOR!!!! Never had one and never will have one!!!! LOL

It may be a good deal for someone out there but I just didn't like the way you posted it!!!! SORRY

Old 11-16-2009, 12:32 PM

The man has a point, eBay is a pain and they take a nice percentage of profit when you sell something expensive I think the guys got the right idea if there are people that are willing to trade for what he has and they have what he wants. I wouldn't take offense to guitarists vs hummer owners he has to be right just it had no relevance is all.