PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tow hooks

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 08:07 PM
Default tow hooks

hi I'm new to the Hummer I just purchase a 2007 h3 and loving it. it is very clean my question is I'm in Ohio cold bad winters how do I keep the tow hooks from rusting here in and dose any one have any maintenance cleaning tips for keep it looking good .

Old 09-28-2012, 09:35 PM

We have an 07 too and live in Ohio. Had it for 3 years. They still look brand new. Just keep it clean. We wash ours and wax once a week All year round. Not a spot of rust anywhere.

Old 09-29-2012, 06:47 AM

thanks that's good to know. wash and wax once a week. is that through a car wash. if not what type of wax are you using.

Old 09-29-2012, 07:40 AM

I don't wax in the winter but I do use a power washer or the do-it-yourself car wash once a week. That way I can get underneath and get all the salt residue off(mostly). To be honest, the tires throw so much crap everywhere if I didnt wash it once a week, I would get filthy getting in and out for work during the week. When I explain it that way the wife doesn't ask why I'm always washing my car and not hers

Old 09-29-2012, 08:55 AM

In the summer we wash it at home. In the winter we take it to the car wash. And just like Widespread said spray underneath. That way you get all that salt and mud, dirt off.

We use the Express shine by Turtle Wax, and the Wax as you dry by Eagle. Both of those you just spray on while the vehicle is still wet, we use one towel to wipe around and then one to dry. It's easy, and it shines really nice.

Old 09-29-2012, 07:14 PM

thanks guy's i also notice the roof rack tracks are expose is that going to be a problem collecting snow in there as well. are there covers you put in place.i know these are probably stuid questions. I'm going have this thing for a long time and can use all the help I can get.

Old 09-29-2012, 07:57 PM

I've never had a problem with our roof rack corroding or anything. Just wash it , spray it like the rest of the vehicle. There's no stupid questions. That's why this site is here. Glad to help.

Old 09-30-2012, 09:00 AM

Remove the tow hooks, loops, and mounts clean off any corrosion and repaint them.

Old 09-30-2012, 03:05 PM

I live in WV and I wax once a month with California Gold and everytime I wash it I use Lucas Oil Spray Wax. I get compliments on it all the time. I even hand wash the inner wheel wells, shocks and use Lucas Oil detailer on the inner fenders. As a matter of fact I just high speed buffed my front skid plate almost to a mirror finish.

Old 10-01-2012, 08:46 PM

Wow.... ILL wash / wax from time to time and rinse daily. Winter in Wi. aint pretty.
lol

Chris

Quick Reply: tow hooks