PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Today is going to be a good day...

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 12:20 PM
Default Today is going to be a good day...

N-Fab side bars and Aries brush guard finally came in!

I'll post some pics after I get them on.

Attached Thumbnails Today is going to be a good day...-img_0852.jpg  
Old 03-14-2011, 01:22 PM

Yes I would love to see the bars installed...how much did you pay...where?
What color is you truck?

Old 03-14-2011, 01:31 PM

I bought them here: http://www.streetsideauto.com/p/n-fa...o-wheel-h0464/

Think I may have gotten the last ones because as soon as I bought them they went out of stock!

My truck is white with the chrome package and chrome wheels, but all of the chrome is going away eventually.

Old 03-14-2011, 05:12 PM

Here's the pictures, they got a little dirty on the way home.

Attached Thumbnails Today is going to be a good day...-img_0854.jpg   Today is going to be a good day...-img_0855.jpg   Today is going to be a good day...-img_0856.jpg   Today is going to be a good day...-img_0857.jpg  
Old 03-14-2011, 06:24 PM

Looks good. I really like those steps but they are just not functional for me.

Old 03-14-2011, 07:49 PM

I really like those steps. What did they run you? If you dont mind!

Old 03-14-2011, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by hectour
I really like those steps. What did they run you? If you dont mind!
Scroll up and read!

Old 03-15-2011, 02:37 AM

Those are the sharpest looking step bars out there.

Old 03-15-2011, 07:18 AM

Thanks for the pics...I like the 3rd shot..gives me food for thought
Nice ride..have fun making it your own

Old 03-15-2011, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by stewman
Thanks for the pics...I like the 3rd shot..gives me food for thought
Nice ride..have fun making it your own
They were direct bolt on, no cutting or drilling, but it was a total nightmare. I didn’t find any instructions anywhere in the box, or attached to the outside. On top of that the instructions aren’t on the manufacturers website yet. I’m guessing they just forgot to include them.

I didn’t realize that the passenger and driver side boards were different. I started out trying to put the passenger side on the driver’s side and it wasn’t working out. The EBrake cables were getting in the way, and I couldn’t figure out where they were supposed to go until I stopped and looked at the other board and saw that it had cutouts for the cables to run through.

The boards attach with six bolts, at three points along the bottom of the vehicles, with the bolt holes being one top of the other at the three points. The mounting hardware came with bolts, washers, and nuts. I couldn’t figure out where the nuts we supposed to go, because I couldn’t find any holes that would allow me rear access to the bolt to put the nuts on. I eventually figured out that there were just straight up holes that didn’t require the use of any nuts, so I tossed those aside.

Then I tried to mount them using the bottom holes first, and that threw the alignment off to put in the top bolts, so I had to pull the bottom back out and start from the top. Due to the fact that the mounting brackets are tucked up under the truck I couldn’t get an air ratchet in there to make it easier, I had to use a hand ratchet, and to top it all off the mounting holes were all rusty from never being used.

Once I got the driver’s side on the passenger’s side only took like 30 mins, but it was a nightmare. I ended up laying on the ground for like three hours trying to get everything to work, and it was definitely a two person job, so it was a good thing I had help.

I love them now that they’re on but the install made me want to punch a hole in the wall. Long story short make sure you buy something that’s direct bolt on because I can’t imagine how hard something that needs drilling would be.

If I had to change one thing I would move the steps back towards the rear a bit because with the door open at its halfway point they're kind of useless.

But they sure do look purdy!

Quick Reply: Today is going to be a good day...