PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Today is the day.

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 08:54 AM
Super Moderator
Default Today is the day.

I took today off and decided since it's about 65, sunny and windy, it would be the perfect day to get the truck done. I'm going to wash it up, rotate me some tires, make my slight physical alterations, and hopefully finally get some pics of it up here.

I'm thinking about putting the chrome hood panel back on though. It kinda makes it unique. It's starting to look like every other H3 out there. For some reason this disturbs me.

I'm not sure what to do.

Old 04-11-2008, 09:18 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Today is the day.

[:@][&:][&:][:@][&:][>:][:@][][:'(][:@][&:][:'(]

So in the last 20 minutes I've been on the forum, it's gone from absolutely no clouds in the sky, to dark clouds, windy and looking like rain [:@][:@][:@]

I just can't win with this f'd up weather. I should just take some pics of it dirty as hell, put them in my gallery, and maybe one year, I'll get to wash it [:@]

Old 04-11-2008, 09:22 AM

Chrome panel - that's not too much bling. I'm not a big fan of the hood handles but I like the panel.

Old 04-11-2008, 09:24 AM
Super Moderator

Well, that would bring my total bling to chrome vent covers and hood panel, with a little antenna cover added in there. I did take some time to countersink the screws into my original so it wouldn't fly off. I'll try it out and see what happens.

Old 04-11-2008, 09:27 AM
Super Moderator

65 and sunny??? WTH, it is warm over here, but clouds, supposed to rain and thunderstorm (hail), get cold, and friggin snow Sunday with a high of 41.

Enjoy your day off. Post the pics.

I washed mine Saturday for the wash of 2008! Polished the wheels......every stinkingnook and cranny in a meticulous manner, took the spare off the back to clean it, and behind it, and put on my rock rails (show vesion.........polished SS), under the hood, door jams and doors, fender wells, all after a trip to the spray wash to clean off the under carriage. 3.5 hours, no waxing, just cleaning. I had sprayed it a couple times this year just to get the road gerdoo off, but no real wash til Saturday. I think I'll post a pic in your thread. [8D]
Name:  DSC01294.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  253.7 KB

Badges, Badges, I don't need no stinking Badges.

Old 04-11-2008, 09:34 AM
Super Moderator

Looking VERY sharp my friend Great job. I like it.

Yeah, it was supposed to be cold, sleet and rain all day. According to my H3 thermo, it's 63 right now. The storm clouds are moving in VERY fast though. That's why I'm still sitting here Well, I can still rotate my tires in the garage, and maybe put the hood panel back on

I like me some rocker panels of yours. I'm trying to convince my wife she doesn't need those steps but she always uses that 5'1 thing and the future tire upgrade an as excuse. I think the threads are becoming worn though from all of the on and off. I told her next time I take them off, they may not be going back on anymore

Old 04-11-2008, 09:35 AM
Super Moderator

Yeah, I think I just saw my first funnel cloud. Time to bring KITT indoors. Wish me luck

Old 04-11-2008, 09:44 AM
Super Moderator

So, remember that bright cloudless sky of 45 minutes ago? Well, here is what it looks like now:

Name:  DSCF1185.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  75.1 KB

Damnit [:@]

Old 04-11-2008, 09:47 AM
Super Moderator

That makes me feel better, looks more like over here. [&o] []

Old 04-11-2008, 09:48 AM

My wife is 5'4" she has a rough time getting in and out of the Tactical but she prefers the look without the steps.

Quick Reply: Today is the day.