PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are Tires Warrantied Against Cracking?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 10:40 AM
Default Are Tires Warrantied Against Cracking?

I'm buying new tires today and went out to write down the size of the current tires to put them up for sale and noticed they are all starting to crack or dry rot around the wheels.. Its not severe but still, its only a 2009 with less than 12,000 miles and is garage kept, even during the day.. The tires are the BFG Rugged Trail 265/75-16... WTH, I have Goodyear tires on my other truck with close to 40k on them and they arent doing this.. The tires are not this light in color, I lightened the photo up so the cracks would show up better in the picture..

Name:  1-2.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  25.6 KB

Old 07-20-2011, 11:29 AM
Super Moderator

BFG's do that.... mostly because they are crap....

I've never seen a set of them that didn't have cracks...

all tires crack... but some crack more than others... it's not a sure sign of failure...

Old 07-20-2011, 11:35 AM
Banned
Default gettin worse!

ssharpened+just messin with rfan

Attached Thumbnails Are Tires Warrantied Against Cracking?-1-2.jpg  
Old 07-20-2011, 02:18 PM

I threw an email at BFG to get their opinion and here's what they said

Thank you for your email.

We are sorry to hear you are having a problem with cracking near the rim on your BFGoodrich tires. Please go to the nearest BFGoodrich dealer for an inspection and have the dealer call us at the number below while you are there. You can find a list of dealers by utilizing the Dealer Locator on our website - www.bfgoodrichtires.com.

It is our goal to ensure that your issue has been resolved or your question answered to your satisfaction. If we can assist you further, please respond to this email or call us at 1-877-788-8899 (toll free) between 8:00AM and 8:00PM Eastern Time Monday through Friday or between 8:30AM and 4:30PM Eastern Time on Saturday.

Sincerely,

Ken
Consumer Care Department
Certified BFGoodrich Product Expert

Old 07-20-2011, 02:32 PM

A solid Peggy response.

Old 07-20-2011, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator

Hahaha......

Old 07-20-2011, 09:24 PM
Super Moderator

at least it wasn't a flat out no. Maybe they will pro-rate the value for you. Let us know.

Old 07-21-2011, 06:14 AM

My new tires will be here next week and the place that will mount them is on BFG's dealer list so I'll see what they say when I go there.. I planned on selling these and I'm guessing it would be a hard sell with cracks like this so I'm hoping they do something..

Old 07-21-2011, 06:58 PM

My H3T has the same tires... if they are cracking, I can't see it... perhaps because I use an abundance of tire goop... you know, the shiny stuff... that fills the cracks, or I'm blind as a bat.

Old 07-27-2011, 04:04 PM

Update:
They wouldnt warranty the tires.. Once they dismounted them, and the tires were no longer inflated, you cant even see the cracks anymore..

As for the new 33x12.5-16 Trxus Super Swamper Radial MT's, the ride home was TERRIBLE!!!!!! These are suppose to be on eof the smoothest MT tires on the planet.. The truck not only shook, it also feels like its pulling to the right.. I got home and noticed there are a ton of weights on all 4 tires.. I called the tire shop and they to bring it back in tomorrow.. If the tires are that far out of ballance, that my rims require that much weight, I dont see how they are going to get a good balance out of them and if they dont, I'll be calling the tire maker

Quick Reply: Are Tires Warrantied Against Cracking?