PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Tinked Rock Sliders

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 09:37 PM
Super Moderator
Default Tinked Rock Sliders

In the H3 forum Tinked has had several posts detailing the attempt to build a custom set of rock sliders. Good posts and pics. Now a post has been made from a "company" selling the sliders. Has Tinked received permission to sell on site?

Old 05-15-2008, 10:24 PM
Default RE: Tinked Rock Sliders

IDK, just so that everyone knows where it is I'm moving it to the Classifieds until a decision is made.

https://www.hummerforums.com/m_175992/tm.htm

Old 05-16-2008, 08:27 AM
Super Moderator

Patrick?

Old 05-16-2008, 12:12 PM
Super Moderator

Can I ask you guys a question. I did not read the whole spiel by Tinked, but did she remove the plastic rocker cover and then bolt those thinds to the rocker/body,
NOT the frame????? Did I miss someting?

Old 05-16-2008, 01:05 PM
Super Moderator

The way I understand it her rock rails are bolted to the flange where the body pieces are married together. I agree with her to a degree that the arm that supports my Rocky Road sliders is longer than I would like but I have balanced the H3 on one of my rock rails and it has supported the entire weight of the truck. If I understand how hers are attached I am not sure you get true rocker panel protection because I don't know what is there that offers enough support to the rails to do that. What besides the frame is more capable than carrying the weight of the truck? I may not totally understand her system but I think I'll stick with my Rocky Roads.

Old 05-16-2008, 01:40 PM
Super Moderator

I think, not 100% sure, and certainly not gonna bash her on the forum, that the frame is a better and stronger attachment. I agree Dave.

IK has had the palstic rocker cover off, I haven't looked behind them. Sheet metal seams can be pretty strong, but it not unibody construction, or bolting to the frame.

The ones I made would curl up in the Walmart lot going over the curb. I just used 1/4" SS plate to make two brackets to the frame, just like the old SMAs or Maniks, but I did the SS ones for looks.....we got no rocks in MI to speak of.
The rocky roads used three HD brackets, made of 1/4" plate, small hitch bar with gussetplates to2" hitch bar..........that is not gonna give. I have a real set in the works if I ever?? have time [&o] but doubt I would ever sell them. Just somethin I been playin with.

Old 05-16-2008, 03:01 PM

I agree with Dave. I THINK she bolted all of that through the sheet metal pinch point behind the plastic covers.

Old 05-16-2008, 03:09 PM
Super Moderator

I think they blow.... the ones on the H2 are at least 80lbs each and bolted to the frame and I bent mine til it almost touches the body....

her **** will never work twice...

Old 05-16-2008, 06:02 PM

I've had stock sliders and now an aftermarket set on the rubi and both bolted to the pinch weld, not the frame. I was concerned but I've rested the truck on them before and never had damage

Old 05-16-2008, 06:21 PM
Super Moderator

Interesting. How much does your Rubi weigh?

Quick Reply: Tinked Rock Sliders