PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of getting some 22

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 05:23 PM
Default Thinking of getting some 22

I am interested in getting some 22" rims and a leveling kit but I wanted to get your thoughts. Post some pictures of what you guys have and if this is a good idea.

Old 08-18-2014, 10:32 PM

Why?

I mean it is bad enough when they are on cars, but now the H2... definitely wont be able to do the same kind of things with it u can with 22 on it.

I think bigger wheels destroys the function and ability of th rig. me I am keeping 17s but if the tires are less, might do 18s. but thats as big as I would go rim size.
These are offroad trail tough vehicles.... dont ruin that with big old bling blings

Old 08-19-2014, 02:01 AM

For one, I can't stand huge rims on anything especially H2's. I'm old school when I used to run 15's on 37" tires and that is what everyone did. More sidewall equals more capability.

I recently bought new wheels for my 2 and stuck with the stock 17" size. Tires are better priced than for even 18's let alone 22's. Have you looked at tire costs for when you'll have to replace the tires?

I actually sold my stock wheels to another H2 guy from Phoenix. He had 22's, said he needed to replace his tires but couldn't afford rubber for them so he bought my stockers.

I just did a quick search, tire rack says for a 22" wheel you'd need a 325/55/22. The cheapest I've found is at least $100/tire more than what I paid for my MT's on stock size. For name brand, the price is out of this world.

If it were me I'd never go with 22's due to the price of tires and because they simply don't look good IMO.

Old 08-19-2014, 09:30 AM

if you look at my post in the SUT area, i have 35's on 20 inch rims.
i searched long and hard for ANY pics of H2's on wheels other than stock and didnt find much of what i was looking for. thats the main reason i posted my pics, to give others an idea of what is out there.
LoJac is correct, they arent cheap. i paid for the bigger tires!!
my opinion, i like bigger than stock, its all about what a person wants to spend...

Old 08-19-2014, 05:09 PM

Go ahead get what you want! You know what you can afford and they'll probably work for the driving you'll do. My 37 " Cooper SST's were purchased solely because I needed tires in a bad way and the wheels were literally what was in stock that day. they fit the bill and will hold air at least until I finish up mechanicals and decide on some custom touches.

Old 08-19-2014, 11:11 PM

I do want to do some off road stuff I am sure it will effect the capability in that regards i mostly use it to drive to work and possibly go hunting.

Old 08-22-2014, 10:32 AM

When I bought mine it already had 20's with 35's. Not the biggest fan of huge rims either but, the 20's At least still look proportionately normal on the big H2. Seen a few on 22's and didn't care for it personally. I'd like to go to 18's at some point, mainly for the weight and cost per tire savings, not to mention smoothing the ride a bit with more sidewall. Luckily I'm still a few k miles from needing new rubber as 5 wheels plus 5 tires is waaaaay cost prohibitive at the moment. It'd probably make up for the difference eventually in a mpg (as well as seat of the pants throttle response feel) increase tho. A 97lb mud grappler plus a 42lb moto metal = 139lb rotating assembly at each corner (not to mention the additional 139lb boat anchor spare hangin off the back)!!!

Attached Thumbnails Thinking of getting some 22-dsc_0044_1.jpg   Thinking of getting some 22-dsc_0043_1.jpg   Thinking of getting some 22-dsc_0045.jpg  
Old 08-22-2014, 10:38 AM

And, while we're on the subject, can anybody explain to me why a 35r20 costs way more than a 35r18? THERE'S A BIGGER HOLE IN IT SO IT'S LESS F'N TIRE!!!! Lol

Old 08-22-2014, 12:42 PM

And, while we're on the subject, can anybody explain to me why a 35r20 costs way more than a 35r18? THERE'S A BIGGER HOLE IN IT SO IT'S LESS F'N TIRE!!!!
i wondered the SAME thing when i was shopping for wheels....less tire more money....dont get it.....

Old 08-22-2014, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Rockin Horse
And, while we're on the subject, can anybody explain to me why a 35r20 costs way more than a 35r18? THERE'S A BIGGER HOLE IN IT SO IT'S LESS F'N TIRE!!!! Lol
My guess is they sell a lot more of the 18's" which brings down the cost.

Quick Reply: Thinking of getting some 22