PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about custom painted flames on our H3

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by mgoblue85
We are planning to use ours (this H3) exclusively for auto shows and cruise nights. I appreciate everyone's opinions about the mud, but this one will never see mud on purpose.
- I feel sorry for any H3 that does not get to play in it's natural habitat.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:18 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by TAINTER
- I feel sorry for any H3 that does not get to play in it's natural habitat.
I agree. I was going to do a Camaro for shows, but I did that about 30 years ago (I have an old photo) and sold it about 15 years ago. Figured we'd do a Hummer because they are rare at shows. I expect mixed reviews because the image of the Hummer brand is not sitting next to a curb surrounded by muscle cars and vintage automobiles.

Attached Thumbnails Thinking about custom painted flames on our H3-side-z.-002.jpg  

Last edited by mgoblue85; 01-14-2012 at 09:22 AM.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:24 AM

If you do paint flames on a H3, please don't post pictures [sic]

Old 01-14-2012, 09:33 AM

I agree. I was going to do a Camaro for shows, but I did that about 30 years ago (I have an old photo) and sold it about 15 years ago. Figured we'd do a Hummer because they are rare at shows. I expect mixed reviews because the image of the Hummer brand is not sitting next to a curb surrounded by muscle cars and vintage automobiles.
Love the old Camaro picture! Keystone wheels???

Old 01-14-2012, 09:49 AM

I expect mixed reviews because the image of the Hummer brand is not sitting next to a curb surrounded by muscle cars and vintage automobiles.
Hey, your still having fun with your Hummer and that is what matters at the end of the day. Not to mention, reppin' at the car shows. Good luck to you and glad you guys walked away from the accident!

Old 01-14-2012, 10:06 AM
Thumbs up

Yup, Keystones!

Bought a '79 Z28 (black with gold) new as a hardtop. Had a 383 stroker motor (about 460+ hp) built with a 250hp fogger NO2 kit. Took the Z to Cars and Concepts in Brighton, MI to have T-Tops installed. While they had the roof cut out I trailered it to Flint to have the frame tied together and an 8-pt. chrome plated roll cage installed. Had a 3 speed automatic reverse valve body (P R N 1 2 3) (1 2 3 instead of 3 2 1) tranny built by Jim Paquette in Potterville, MI (in drag racing circles he was/is renowned). 9" Ford rear end with a 411 screw. Chromed and braided everything under the hood, custom paint , pinstripes (turquoise blue and gold), the tallest 15" radials I could get on the back with some short 14"ers on the front. Where the flat black was near the cut-outs on the Keystones was painted gold. Brake components were turquoise blue. Took about 3 years to complete, but it was a jewel when it was done. That scanned old photo doesn't do it justice.

Ended up with pics in Super Chevy and Popular Hot Rodding magazines as part of articles they had written about various car shows I attended (no atricle dedicated to my car). Sold it to a fellow in Illinois who had seen it several years earlier at the Street Machine Nationals in Springfield, IL.

I miss that car, so here I go with an H3, LOL. Life has slowed down considerably since our accident (physically at least), so car shows are kinda our speed now.

Last edited by mgoblue85; 01-14-2012 at 10:14 AM.
Old 01-14-2012, 07:11 PM

I would jack up my hummer crawl under the tire then kick the jack out before painting flames on it.

Old 01-14-2012, 08:27 PM
Thumbs up Flaming

I have been to enough car shows to know that if you do it and keep it toned down, you might just bring that special trophy home this year especially with what you have under the hood.

Old 01-14-2012, 08:30 PM
Default Classic Cars

If you want to see some of my hot rods go to:
classiccarcollages.com
Working on one with my H3 and hope to post it soon.

Old 01-15-2012, 07:08 AM
Cool

I was hoping for a reply from you, ultraclassic. I posted a couple of possibilities on your facebook wall.

I talked to Lenny last night about this. He responded the same way you did. One of his hot rod creations was the featured car at the St. Ignace car show this summer. He has won numerous "best of show", "best paint" and "best engine" trophies over the years at several big shows. He had one of his cars at SEMA in Vegas a few weeks ago. He said the same thing.....not going overboard would be the key.

Quick Reply: Thinking about custom painted flames on our H3