PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

are these h3's your everyday drivers???

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 10:04 PM
Default are these h3's your everyday drivers???

hey guys, im new here but ive seen alot of wheelin pics (which is awsome) but im wondering if these vehicles that u torture at hollister hills and other simiar places, are they your everyday drivers? this question is to people who really off road there cars. if u have lowerd yours with rims u need not reply. the reason im asking is right now my girlfriend has a 96 cherokee that we offroad regulary. its held up pretty well but every once in a while something brakes leaving her stranded as it is her daily driver. she really likes the h3 but she says if she buys a new car it will be a "car" and keep her jeep for wheelin. so as to get out of the "everyday car being the wheeler" thing. so again, just wondering how many of u trail rippers use your h3 as a daily driver and how have they held up
thanks alot
geoff

Old 06-12-2006, 10:06 PM
Default RE: are these h3's your everyday drivers???

Until recently, I was just using mine to wheel, but due to soem unforeseen circumstances, my H3 just became my daily driver as well. This will have no impact on the severity of my off road excursions, but it will limit the frequency due to the lack of fuel economy compared to my previous daily driver.

Old 06-12-2006, 10:53 PM

gump, thanks for the quick reply, is your h3 stock, lifted? u sound pretty confident in your h3's durability.
thanks again

Old 06-12-2006, 10:56 PM

Mine is a daily driver for most everything, except for off roading (that's another story)

Old 06-12-2006, 11:31 PM

WHAT STORY THAT
MINE IS EVERYDAY TOO.

Old 06-13-2006, 12:48 AM

Since I bought my H3 back in August of last year, it has been my daily driver since. As long as I have my H3 and it's drivable, I don't think I will ever drive another car/truck again. Gas prices don't really affect my driving habits. Easy to hardcore it doesn't matter, bring it on!!.

Old 06-13-2006, 02:51 AM

ORIGINAL: powerstroke6.0

gump, thanks for the quick reply, is your h3 stock, lifted? u sound pretty confident in your h3's durability.
thanks again
It's basically stock. I changed the tires to a more off roadable tread, but stayed with the stock size. I twisted the torsion bars a couple of turns, but I'm not fond of this idea, so I will probably change that to a lift via reindexed cams (keys) to level it off. Other then that, is is all stock. I do have the full underbody armor and rocker guards.

Old 06-13-2006, 03:59 AM

Mines my DD. That's the beauty of Hummers. You can beat the crap out of them and still drive home with the AC blasting and the tunes blaring.

And wheeling won't void your warranty unlike some other brands. Dealers will also provide you a loaner/rental if your truck is in for warranty work.

Old 06-13-2006, 12:52 PM

That is so true Sewie..Land Rover will not in most cases honor their warranty on just about anypart of the drive train if they can see if it's been off road..go figure!

My dealer will furnish you with a 2005 or 2006 Cadillac for a loaner while your Hummer (any model) is in for repair.

Old 06-13-2006, 09:57 PM

mines a DD and it has scratches from offroading, but that's what it's built for. If it wasn't my DD it would be much more radical...

Quick Reply: are these h3's your everyday drivers???