Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   tailgate sub - mounted (pics) (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/tailgate-sub-mounted-pics-25721/)

Hummphrey 10-16-2011 04:36 PM

tailgate sub - mounted (pics)

2 Attachment(s)
Just thought I'd share a couple pics of my sub finally installed in my rear door (tailgate). Hopefully i've attached the pics correctly!
The sub is a 10" Kicker powered by a Bass Inferno Amp. Amps (four channel and sub amp) are mounted behind the panel where the factory Monsoon sub used to be.

Infamous360 10-16-2011 09:14 PM

Very nice job. Looks good!

sean815 02-18-2012 09:27 PM

wondering if you have any rattle issues?

Duddy 02-19-2012 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by sean815 (Post 272301)
wondering if you have any rattle issues?

I was wondering about the same thing.

Also, where'd you get your woofer enclosure? Is a custom fabrication job?

Pappibri 02-20-2012 07:50 AM

Looks good Hummphrey

Hummphrey 02-20-2012 12:14 PM

wow guys im sorry for the delayed response; i didnt see that anyone posted replies.

1) No rattle. I used a fair amount of hushmat to keep things from rattling around too much inside the door itself and the box itself is mounted nice and tight. the only time i get any real rattle is if i play it while the door is open (im not exactly sure what rattles when its open but it doesnt when the door is shut).
2) It is a custom made fiberglass/ MDF wood box. it has a couple coats of a paint that gives it a similar look to the oem plastic door panel.

Hummphrey 02-20-2012 12:17 PM

if youre in the PA area I can get you info to the shop that made the box. (i work there part time now and my boss made the box and helped me mount everything up) Im not tryin to sell anything for them but if anyone is interested let me know.

just a note; not every 10 inch sub can perform in a small enclosure like this box. the kicker solo classic (which is what I have) is designed to work in small boxes, that is why i used it in this application.

I will try to post some pics of the box itself and the door before the panel was reinstalled a little later today/ tomorrow.

hippierick 02-22-2012 08:07 AM

Hummphrey,

Nice work, everything looks really clean. Any idea how this would compare in sound quality to a JL stealthbox. Using the rear door and having the sub exposed rather than the side panel covering the box.

Hummphrey 02-22-2012 07:09 PM

thanks for the complements. I'll pass them along to the boss man. :)

i honestly couldn't say how it would sound compared to the stealth box; i've never heard one (the stealthbox) in an H3 first hand. I will say that this sub is pretty loud. It's by no means going to "wake up the neighborhood" as they say, but it can get loud, stays clean at all volume levels and can really hit the notes accurately. Ive had subs that got obnoxiously loud and i'm over that now... its time for the sound quality :cool:

Hummphrey 02-22-2012 07:21 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Okay, so here are a couple more pics. One of the rear door without the panel and one of the subwoofer box before installed.
:cool: