PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Tail light guards revisited

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 12:30 PM
Default Tail light guards revisited

Hello all,

So...is there no other choice than $ 350+ tail light guards out there?

I am heavily considering having a run of them made, for a price that is realistic for what you are getting. I know for a fact I can have these made s/s or black powder for $80 +/- a few bucks. Do I need to make a run and serve them up to the group?

Let me know if I'm missing someplace to by these for the H3T specifically

Old 08-26-2011, 12:08 PM

I picked mine up for my H2 for about 150 or so, I can't imagine you won't find something similar on the fl-ebay.

Old 08-28-2011, 10:10 PM

I'd buy one

Old 08-30-2011, 11:40 AM

I have a set of the RW's ones I'd maybe lend out for R&D purposes. They could use a better way to mount and also to be more contoured to the shape of the T's bed anyway. Do you have a decent fab shop to do the work?

Old 08-30-2011, 11:20 PM

The only set I have ever found that will properly fit the H3T are the $350 ones. If the ad says "will fit H3 and H3T" they will not properly cover the outside of the light. If you can fab some up I'm sure you could sell at least 10 sets that I know of today!

Pauldy; Since the H3T was sold in a limited quantity (09-10 only with approx 5000 units) the aftermarket parts are not a readily available as they are for the H3s and H2s.

Old 08-31-2011, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by rmorrogh
I have a set of the RW's ones I'd maybe lend out for R&D purposes. They could use a better way to mount and also to be more contoured to the shape of the T's bed anyway. Do you have a decent fab shop to do the work?
Rich, how the hell are you?
Been stuck in any mud lately

Old 08-31-2011, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Bunger
Rich, how the hell are you?
Been stuck in any mud lately
Im good and yeah I still get stuck in the middle of nowhere by myself all the time...(got a little more self recovery gear now though)

Old 09-01-2011, 07:22 AM

Rich you no call anymore... I miss you man! lol

Ok back on subject, H3 light guards will NOT fill an H3T... the H3T has larger brake lights (taller and slightly wider) plus the mounting points usually have something to do with the swing gate so they are not as flush mounted as you would need for the tailgate...

When I looked at Jesse's rig there isnt an easy way to by pass the tail gate and use a factory mount to protect the tail lights...

just my .02

Old 09-01-2011, 08:41 AM

Well, I have the ones that are designed for the H3T by RW's. They are a really simple design w/o much thought put into them and are NOT worth $400+ at all... also Im fairly sure they are more likley to damage a truck than save it from a branch or whatever. I will take em over to my buddys shop and see if he will whip up a new set with better mounting tabs and/or maybe more streamlined to the shape of the T (so branches cant get caught in the guards and rip em' off).

Old 09-01-2011, 11:18 AM

I was in hope that someone had a set of guards, that were working. I have three factories I use for fabrication, but all overseas. If we can put our heads together and come up with a design and functional guard, I can produce any amount of run we want. Of course, I don't mind to over order some sets, so I can send them out to whoever might want some in the future. I'll chip in for any expense for your fab shop to make a set, then we can mass produce, or small run. I have no desire to profit from this, hell I just want a set of nice guards that work!

Quick Reply: Tail light guards revisited