PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Surprised H3 owner

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 06:39 PM
Default Surprised H3 owner

I was deployed when my wife decided we had to have a new vehicle after making several long trips in our TJ on 35's. So she went out and Bought a 2008 H3 Alpha. So I'm now an owner of an H3 Alpha on 265's without an offroad/adventure package. So I'll be asking some questions after I get done searching the forums for the answers.

Old 04-04-2011, 10:49 PM

Welcome and Congratulations on the Alpha! Sounds like a pretty kool wife you have.

I have wheeled with plenty of H3 Alphas w/o the OffRoad package. Depending on the type of use it will get OffRoad you may not even need it!

Old 04-05-2011, 01:07 PM
Super Moderator

Congrats on the H3 Alpha. My wife drives ours most of the time. I have wheeled it quite a bit and it has been a great vehicle. Too bad GM bailed on the brand because it is an awesome truck. Ours has the Adventure package, 35" tires, Hutchison 2 piece beadlocks, RR sliders, etc but it was a really good wheeler bone stock. The mods just made it an awesome wheeler.

Old 04-05-2011, 02:14 PM

Do run a front diff lock in your rig? I have front and rear diffs in my Jeep that I use when I'm crawling but I'm not sure how much I'd use a front diff with independent suspension. Just curios

Old 04-05-2011, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by climbnh
Do run a front diff lock in your rig? I have front and rear diffs in my Jeep that I use when I'm crawling but I'm not sure how much I'd use a front diff with independent suspension. Just curios
We have a "T" with front and rear lockers (the Alpha is an 08 rear locker only) and I have used it on various occasions. I will attempt something without any lockers on, if I can't overcome the obstical, then I will try with the lockers on. I love crawling rocky terrain with both the H3 and H3T. I call it "Cadillac Wheelin'", really comfortable crawling!