PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sunroof not retracting all the way

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 02:14 PM
Default sunroof not retracting all the way

anyone else having problems with the sun roof not going all the way back when the auto button is pushed? mine will go open about 80% and then stop, then you have to push button again to get it all the way back into the roof. i have used it almost everyday until yesterday when it did this. i called my service dept at hummer stealership and he said it was normal....(hmmmmmm...here we go) i said it never did this before and he said it was normal (hmmm bs?) ....but iam going in tomorrow to get it looked at. (bty i manually push the interior roof part back prior to opening the roof).

07 H3 700 miles

thanks.

Old 08-13-2007, 02:22 PM
Default RE: sunroof not retracting all the way

It is normal. It stops there to keep the wind buffeting in the back seat down. The wifes Caddy SRX is the same.

Old 08-13-2007, 02:29 PM

ORIGINAL: Disnydad

It is normal. It stops there to keep the wind buffeting in the back seat down. The wifes Caddy SRX is the same.
My Caddy CTS was the same way too. About 2" stuck out. The H3 sunroof is very large. I need to check it out tonight on the way home. One time the sunroof wasn't completely shut and I went thru a touchless car was. I scrambled like hell to close it!!!!

Old 08-13-2007, 02:35 PM

wow..normal?? the last week and a half it use to open all the way everytime hiting the button once...except yesterday and today having to hit it twice to get it open all the way. does it have to do with position of the rest of the windows? thanks again

Old 08-13-2007, 02:45 PM

ORIGINAL: ghettoct

wow..normal?? the last week and a half it use to open all the way everytime hiting the button once...except yesterday and today having to hit it twice to get it open all the way. does it have to do with position of the rest of the windows? thanks again
I can only speak about my Caddy. I'll check the H3 tonight for you.

Old 08-13-2007, 02:50 PM

thanks Dv much appreciated.

i still have to drive 1 hr to dealership anyways to get my state inspection, they sales guy said he likes to have the inspection date the month you buy which i think is cool since we in the kommonwealth of va have to get yearly inspections. i may even open another can of worms by mentioning the H3 clunk and chunk under the foot area...but i wanted to wait until the real fix of steering shaft was out. again thanks!

Old 08-13-2007, 02:51 PM

Mine only goes part way too. It always has. If you get on the highway and have it full open, it'll do some pretty scary things. I watched my entire roof flap and flex about 4 inches up and down because of the pressure difference. The wind deflector makes a huge difference to stop this also. If I'm driving around town, I'll open it all the way but if you are going over 45 or 50, that extra couple inches makes a HUGE difference in wind noise.

Old 08-13-2007, 03:29 PM

Mine does not close all the way also.

Old 08-13-2007, 03:30 PM

ORIGINAL: Ghostrider

Mine only goes part way too. It always has. If you get on the highway and have it full open, it'll do some pretty scary things. I watched my entire roof flap and flex about 4 inches up and down because of the pressure difference. The wind deflector makes a huge difference to stop this also. If I'm driving around town, I'll open it all the way but if you are going over 45 or 50, that extra couple inches makes a HUGE difference in wind noise.
[sm=exactly.gif]It stops before it is open all the way by design, and your ears will thank you.

Old 08-13-2007, 03:42 PM

man iam feeling pretty blonde now..lol i guess i never noticed it except yesterday and today..but man i swear it use to open all the way with one hit of the open button...guess iam getting old . now i get to feel dumb at dealership tomorrow..lol (i guess its all good..i get a new inspection sticker and a detail)

thanks again guys!

Quick Reply: sunroof not retracting all the way