PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Sunroof leak (yes I read all of the articles)

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 12:00 PM

nope - still drips
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-28-2015, 03:08 PM

Make sure your drain hose didn't come apart when you hit it with the air...

Old 06-28-2015, 03:36 PM

They didnt
I just filled a 1 gallon milk jug with water and pour it in.
It empties fast right behind the front tires

The handles dont have a drip

Old 06-28-2015, 03:46 PM

wheres the drip now?

Old 06-28-2015, 03:57 PM

with all the sunroof leak threads and the fact that I never use mine I wonder how insane it would be cost wise to eliminate sun roof all together, probly be to expensive to have it removed then a pc welded in body worked painted etc, just a random thought

Old 06-28-2015, 05:56 PM

The drips are still coming from handle grips on driver and passenger side on A frame

Old 06-28-2015, 07:06 PM

Ok, so you've ruled out the sunroof...
On the corner roof lights, did you seal around the rubber gasket where the wires come out? I did mine, but had to go back and do it again before mine stopped dripping.Also, did you get the rear marker lights? Is it parked on an incline?

Old 06-28-2015, 07:32 PM

side marker lights are just about encased in RTV. If I cup my hand in front, it holds water.

Vehicle is parked level but I didnt do the rear lights

I guess I could do those - I'd think (being that it is parked level) the entire headliner would one huge puddle for the rear lights to leak and spill forward

I think I will get a huge umbrella - wait until it rains out and it is drip while raining and open sunroof and see if sunroof is doing something I am not realizing

Old 06-28-2015, 09:03 PM

im not sure if sealing the actuall corner marker light lense does anything its more or all about the rubber plug underneath since water channels right into lense anyway from the tracks on roof, im wondering if the rubber plugs are leaking or even the center of the plug where wires go through it, you might have to pull them off and clean and reisnpect the lenses I know it sucks but you missed something somewhere and that's the first guess besides sunroof which you seem to have sorted out

Old 06-29-2015, 01:03 PM
Banned

This thread, inspired me to go check mine, i noticed that all 4 bungs under the cornerroof lights didn't fit that well, so i used black silicone, meant for bathroom fixtures installations, the best part of silicone is that it does not dry out, will always stay flexible, and its rated for 30 years, so i think i will be ok...

Also checked out sunroof tubes, used a heavy gauge weed wacker line, it ran right through, no obstructions, i een tested them by pouring water into each, and the water quickly ran out behind the rear wheels..

Now there is only two sunroof drain holes in the front area of the sunroof, am i right, i wasn't able to see any other drains..

I also applied silicone to all 6 marker lights and also the windshield plastic side pieces, that seem to rattle on the highway...

Quick Reply: Sunroof leak (yes I read all of the articles)