PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

strike 3 for the H3

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 10:37 PM

Those wires are for a trailer brake controller.

Old 08-10-2011, 11:54 PM
Banned
Default i would crawl under dash.

be sure to have someone take pics of you under there,id like to see how its done!!

Old 08-11-2011, 05:23 AM

unreal sorry to hear your problems, stay positive!!!

Old 08-11-2011, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by drtom
be sure to have someone take pics of you under there,id like to see how its done!!
Its kinda like sitting in the drivers seat only upside down. lol

The first 2 leaks were caused by the sunroof drain being clogged. i check that pretty often now. this last leak was just a result of the super high humidity we were having on the West Side (of Florida) we had been riding around spot lighting and i had the windows down and didn't realize the ac was on. It wasn't a leak but there was a ton of condensation dripping out from the ac vents. You don't know what humidity is until you start riding around after dark near the marshes.

Are all both connectors for the bake controller. there is a blue one and a black one bundled with the bare ended wires. Hopefully by turning the connectors facing down instead of up they won't catch water and i put some electrical grease on that connector going to the steering wheel.

Old 08-11-2011, 08:04 AM

Rain clouds under the dash :O wild stuff man

My grouping of wires looks the same as yours. As you said, I believe they are for offroad lights etc. By bare, I assume you mean nothing on the ends as it looks in the picture, not actual bare wire?

I would be willing to bet that those specific wires and that harness aren't the cause of your current problem but water on/in a harness somewhere is. From the description of the situation, it sounds more like condensation than water intrusion. As was stated earlier, see if you can replicate the failure by hosing the vehicle down. If you dont get the same result its probably condensation building up. Maybe using a conductive grease on your harness pins would resolve it. I have not used tthe product below, just did a quick search and found it for reference.

Chemtronics CW7100 Silver Conductive Grease, Temp -70 to 485#