PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

and the story continues......

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 04:21 PM
Default and the story continues......

Ok, as most of you know, I have been struggling with my dealership to come to a happy medium for both of us. I was awaiting a fax from the dealership, and what they would do for me.....

Well I haven't received one yet....and the sales manager will be back in tomorrow morning....My mom left a message for him to call me back first thing. I'll just have to wait and see if he does call....and what the offer is.....otherwise I don't know what I'm gonna do, because I can't even use my H3 right now.....awaiting the steering shaft and alignment.....

Old 01-18-2008, 06:20 PM
Default RE: and the story continues......

I hope you get it straightened out. Reading about your problems really scare me. I hope they take care of you, especially since you still want another Hummer after all you have been through.

Old 01-18-2008, 07:47 PM
Super Moderator

Keep us posted.

Old 01-18-2008, 10:23 PM

DAMN IT!!![:@]

Old 01-19-2008, 07:20 AM

They need to make things right with you, glad to see that this hasn't discouraged you from getting another H3. I'm always going to have a Hummer for the rest of my life, so I hope they take better care of their customers.

Old 01-19-2008, 07:23 AM
Super Moderator

Trey's got it. It's very good you aren't getting discouraged away from the H3. You wouldn't want to miss out on all this love now would you?

Old 01-19-2008, 09:39 AM

--Nobody Loves Me--[sm=boohoo.gif]

Well I received a fax this morning.....they must think I'm an idiot!!! or just dumb....after all I'm a female, but come on....ok enough ranting from me...here is what they offered:

$44,840.00 MSRP of Alpha
-$1550.00 rebates at this time

$32,000.00 for my truck. That is $7444.07 difference than the dealer buyout of $39444.07

I rounded off the next figures for ease of explanation.

$789.00 per month, 39 month lease

$30,771.00 total amount of payments

$26,000.00 buyout option at the end of lease

So if I buy the Alpha it would cost me almost $57,000.00 for a truck that actually cost the dealer around $41,000.00
That's not nice.....it's not like I just want a new truck because this one has the steering issues, which will be fixed......It wasn't my fault that the sales person didn't do his homework and then had the b**** to lie to me. This is what he did. I thought I would give you a run down of everything that he said, so you can see why I'm so angry. I bet all of you would be angry to if this happened to you.

Mind you, I specifically asked for a Solar Flare Metallic color, Off Road Package, Sunroof, NAV, Leather Heated Seats, and the other options could be variable.....

1) He called me back 3 days after I bought my truck to see how I liked it...I told him I love it!!! and that I might have the steering shaft issue, but it will be taken care of. He then stated "You would really like what I have on the showroom floor now". He then proceeded to tell me what just came in. I thought ok, well they just got it in.....oh well...next time I'll get what I want.

2)I spoke with the salesman later on in the week, and asked well if I was to buy the one that just came in, what could he do for me? He said he would call me back....I didn't hear back from him.

3) I arrive at the service dept this past Weds. for the steering shaft and new tires. I stopped over at the Hummer dealer to check out the Alpha....Come to find out the Alpha has the same build date as my truck 08/07 and it had been at the dealership since my truck was there....I thought ok that's odd, because the salesman said he didn't have one when I bought mine. I guess he forgot about it.

4) The salesman comes in around 9am and I started asking some questions. He then goes on to tell me that this truck went up the Kanga Mangos Highway (-spelling-) in NH, last year in the fall, and that's why it had almost 400 miles on it. I said I thought you just got this truck in? He said no, we've had it on our chevy lot with a few others they didn't have room for.

5) I was angry but kept fairly calm and asked him why he didn't call me back with an offer, when he said he would. He said he assumed that I wouldn't be interested. I said I wouldn't of asked if I didn't mean it.
He went into the sales manager's office for about 10 minutes. He came back out and offered $31,000.00 for my truck, which was less than a week old, and only had 500 miles on it. They were offering almost $9500.00 less than the dealer buyout, and when I asked why, he stated "Your truck isn't worth anything".

So that is where it was left...I was angry and left....It wasn't the point that they were offering me nothing for my vehicle now, but it was that the salesman lied to me about what he had available on the lot. I would of bought the Alpha the first time around....but instead bought the one I have because there was nothing else available. Also all the other lies that I was told......like he just got the Alpha in, and actual had it, etc.....

I still think that the dealership would want to keep their customers happy....and because their salesman made a big mistake, that they would want to correct the problem.....

so, I will probably call them back on Monday.....if they were a respectable dealership I feel that they would take my brand new vehicle back for the dealer buyout and sell me the o

Old 01-19-2008, 09:57 AM

I don't know if you'll ever get anything from this dealership. They seem pretty set in NOT taking care of you. You have a great H3 now that needs to be fixed. Have them fix it, or fix it at the one that's hours away. Many of us lived with the bad steering shaft for months when there was no fix, it was wait . . . hope. . . wait. . . hope . . . wait . . . bad repair. . . wait . . .hope . . . wait and finally a fix.

You have a dealer that's trying to take advantage of you, so don't let them. You caught them in a lie about their stock but I doubt that you will make any headway with that lie. Once you get the issues on your H3 addressed I think you will be happy. Especially when you let everyone know where not to get their next vehicle. so, that's my two cents, for what it's worth.
[/align]

Old 01-19-2008, 10:07 AM

Again, I hope this works out in the end. Not sure how it will, but I hope it does. Don't think that I'm siding with them, because I'm not. But, they probably have you.
1. There was nothing saying that you couldn't have said that "I want the Alpha" and waited until they did a dealer swap or ordered a new one for you, unless you just inadvertently forgot to throw it in above, you never said "I want the Alpha".
2. If you go to Kelly's Blue Book there is no option for an 08 (probably part of the problem, they are guessing on the figures for the 08 compared to an 07), however an 07 with your miles and features is coming up with $28,000 trade in value. $30,735 Private Sale price.

Again, not siding with them. I honestly believe that when you spend that kind of money they SHOULD be kissing your A$$ to make it right. Like I've said before, word of mouth will KILL you in business and most of us are repeat buyers if treated right. Unfortunatly I don't think that they are legaly liable, granted I'm in no way an attorney. I think that we do have some on here, maybe they can advise better.

Have you looked at buying? Are you a "monthly" buyer or "end price" buyer? If your payments are going to be $789 for 39 months, what would they be if you just bought it for 72 months? Just wondering, you sound like you are planning on buying it out anyway so you might want to look at that. Maybe sell your's out privately then go back and get the one that you want.

You deserve to be happy with your truck, no doubt. And I understand why you are angry, however, you have to look at the legal side, not the moral one. Unfortunatly our society doesn't always run off of moral values anymore. Would be nice, but it doesn't. I hope that they at least take care of the uninformed salesman before he screws somebody else.

I'm deeply sorry if I have offended you with this, just some thoughts.

Old 01-19-2008, 10:24 AM

alrock,
I did bring it to the Hummer dealer which is 2 hours away for the steering shaft fix.....They already gave me brand new tires, so I don't thump and shake going down the highway. They also gave me TPM for my spare that should of had it. The last two things that need to be done are the steering shaft, which is backordered....and an alignment. The alignment got messed up when I went to the first dealer for the shaft fix......it pulled to the right after they did what they did for a fix...and then washed their hands of it...for whatever reason....I think it was because they don't have Hummers.
So, now I have to wait for the shaft and the alignment.....if the alignment was only out a little bit it wouldn't be that bad and I wouldn't mind waiting....but if I let go of the steering wheel, I'll end up in the pucker brush and wear off my new tires......
rhill20.....
I've always purchased before, but thought it might be good to lease since I own a business....I can deduct the full payment of the lease instead of just interest on a regular loan.....but now I will probably like to purchase from now on......I'll never do a lease again.
No, I'm not a monthly buyer.....but it seems that way lately
Oh well....I'll see if anything will be done on Monday...if not I'll have to grin and bare it.

Quick Reply: and the story continues......