PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stopped by cops tonight

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 04:12 AM
Default stopped by cops tonight

well to top off my lovely week the cops stoped me tonight and gave me a warning ticket and three days to remove my tint from my front windows %%^%$##@@ what an azz he was not even from my city he was from 350 miles away i do not know who pissed in his corn flakes. he followed me for like 8 to twelve blocks with a couple of turns then pulled me over . Well there is like for sure around 20 to 30 vehicles in my city with front side window tint so i will take it off go for my inspection then go and pay to have it put back on. all the local police see me everyday and none of them has said a thing. leave it to the RCMP. sorry to all the cops on the board no offence but i needed to vent i know there is always one buttwad in every crowd [:@][:@][:@]

PS. i just got my motivation to go radical with my truck muahahahahahaha

Old 03-17-2007, 04:17 AM
Default RE: stopped by cops tonight

that sucks bro

Old 03-17-2007, 05:41 AM

Sorry to hear. I'm actually suppose to go in tomorrow to have my windows tinted and had a hard time deciding if I should or not. I have tint on all my cars and so far have beenstopped twice. One warning and one ticket [:@]

I have pretty dark tint and was going to go light on the truck. What percent do you have? Only concern with going light is that it might not match too well with the factory tint on the other windows.

Old 03-17-2007, 06:13 AM

i have 20% on mine and it matches purty good
Name:  116_1640.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  162.1 KB

Old 03-17-2007, 07:13 AM

i would say mine is the same as kild1

Old 03-17-2007, 09:31 AM

stop breakin' the law knucklehead! lol

Old 03-17-2007, 11:16 AM

OK at the risk of being unpopular yet another time lol...here goes...azzz...sorry about your luck - I know we think those laws suck and are stupid....but...why is it when a cop is doing his job, he is an azz? Was HE the one with the dark windows or the one speeding, etc etc? They don't make the laws (the state legislators do) and they merely do the job they were hired to do by upholding those laws. The law is there for a reason - how would you like to have to approach a vehicle for a legitimate stop if everyone had their windows tinted so dark that you could not see what you were walking up to?

Do people break these laws? Sure! My own local window tint business TRIED to talk me into going much darker. I of course for the obvious reason chose to remain legal. While it is not quite as dark as I would like it to be, it is far better than the factory tint and it blends in well. Do many people get away with it? Sure they do...I imagine oftentimes cops let them slide because they have more important things to tend to and it means more paperwork. And while many do slide..many don't! Hubby informed me that he has been stopped 2 or 3 times in his "work car." Of course the badge comes out and off he goes, since it is an agency work vehicle.

Old 03-17-2007, 12:39 PM

I agree with lawwyfe. While I am sorry you got stopped, the officer was only doing his job. Just because some other officers don't enforce regulations does not make it OK. If we do something that we know is in violation of law or regulation, we do so knowing we may get caught, and pay the price. In BC, we are required to have front license plates. My '97 Camaro looks stupid with it on the front so I drive without, knowing full well if I get stopped, it's a $125 fine. I have been stopped twice in 6 years, and paid once, but never regretted it, or bemoaned the RCMP for doing their jobs. It's a bit of bad luck for you, and if you choose to take it off and put it back on, that's your right, but you may be stopped again. You need to decide how much hassle you are willing to endure. Personally I think the darker tint on the front's to match the rest looks awesome, and I would love to do it on mine, but unlike my license plate which takes a minute to pop off and on, I am not willing to go through the hassle if I got stopped for tint. I really feel for you though.[&o]

Old 03-17-2007, 12:45 PM

kild1...your rig looks good! I'm leaning toward the 20% now that I saw how yours looks but I wonder how the lighter ones look?

LawWyfe...you mentioned you have the lighter tint on your windows. Would you happen to have a picture of yours from the side?

I don't think of a cop as an azz if he stops me for tints. I know it's their job and the law but just know I'll most likely get stoppedwhen I need to be somewhere. The time I received the ticket for my tint was when I was parked at a friend's house. My buddy and I were just enjoying the nice summer dayand noticed a patrol offiicer drive by and then drove by again going back the way he came. I just so happened to be walking toward my car when he drove by the second time. I was still talking to my buddy for a few minutes before driving off. As soon as I drove a few blocks there he was waiting. Turned on his lights before I even passed him. Just seemed like he was targeting me that annoyed me. I don't look like a punk or anything so I was just wondering what made him wait for me that bad [sm=smiley13.gif]

With that said, I'm still on my way to get the windows tinted

Old 03-17-2007, 12:52 PM

ORIGINAL: zx1100

kild1...your rig looks good! I'm leaning toward the 20% now that I saw how yours looks but I wonder how the lighter ones look?

LawWyfe...you mentioned you have the lighter tint on your windows. Would you happen to have a picture of yours from the side?

I don't think of a cop as an azz if he stops me for tints. I know it's their job and the law but just know I'll most likely get stoppedwhen I need to be somewhere. The time I received the ticket for my tint was when I was parked at a friend's house. My buddy and I were just enjoying the nice summer dayand noticed a patrol offiicer drive by and then drove by again going back the way he came. I just so happened to be walking toward my car when he drove by the second time. I was still talking to my buddy for a few minutes before driving off. As soon as I drove a few blocks there he was waiting. Turned on his lights before I even passed him. Just seemed like he was targeting me that annoyed me. I don't look like a punk or anything so I was just wondering what made him wait for me that bad [sm=smiley13.gif]

With that said, I'm still on my way to get the windows tinted

...sounds romantic

[sm=icon_stickpoke.gif]

Quick Reply: stopped by cops tonight