PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Still can't find the leak!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by FourseasonsMI
When you say that you put silicone around the lights.. did you just apply the silicone around the light itself while it was on the truck, or did you remove it and silicone inside of the light, then put it back on????
Removed and put silicone in then reassembled it... probably what GM should have done when they built the truck...

Old 03-13-2010, 05:52 PM

thanx for the info im in ny and is going to be raining for 3 days and today i had to cover the roof cause i had no idea from where the water was coming from thanx for this post

Old 06-01-2010, 07:39 PM
Default My leak

I have an 2003 H2 with a water leak that drips out of the hand grab handle on the drivers side post. And sometime's (when its really raining) out of the onstar mic. I siliconed all the front roof lights, but still leaking.

My sunroof drains are clogged. Does anyone know where they run out too? I tried sticking a small wire from the sunroof down, but it gets stuck a few feet in. Where is the other end of this drain tube?

Old 06-03-2010, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by hummersapp
hey guys, why dont you check out the "hummers" app in the app store on your iphone. some cool picture and a bit of information all for 99 cents!!!

its a bargain few pimped ones in there too!!!
Spamming the forum is not going to endear you to the members.

Old 06-19-2011, 12:00 PM
Default H2 Roof Leak

I have a 2005 H2 - the wind noise from a bad factory seal in the windshield was very loud. They replaced the windshield at the dealer and the in the first car wash - it has a massive leak over the steering wheel from the windshield seal. Again - you'd think they would test at the dealer. They got that fixed with a super dose of sealant and a third windshield and the key to this fix - using TWO people to set the windshield instead of the normal one person struggling to align the windshield on the sealant - which can work on a passenger car - not an H2.

Now 3 years later - I have water leaking from the dome light over the floor boards in the back seat and also dripping down along the passenger door at the front seat. The XM radio went out, the ipod went out, the 4 wheel drive (electronic switch) will not engage the 4x, the lights flash randomly and the drive seat adjusts - on its own. Not sure if this is a leak or an entity.

I am guessing the leak is from the roof rack seals or the sun roof drain lines or both. Any thoughts? I am taking it in this week to trouble shoot.

By the way - side note for all those other leak impacted people - most car insurance will cover "the damage from a leak" - not necessarily the repair of the cause of the leak - (e.g. plugged sun roof drain lines - which is the lowest cost of such repairs - the damage is typically more cost). If the carpet is destroyed by mold or other water issues - they should pay to replace the carpet and address the mold - or the headliner glue releases and you need a new headliner, etc. ASK. They will typically deny coverage. Then ask them to SHOW you the specific language that excludes repair of damage of this type - typically covered under the comprehensive component of the car insurance. If they can't show you an exclusion - you can assume damage to your car is covered by your policy. I have had more than one claim covered this way.

Old 06-19-2011, 12:04 PM

They typically will run down the vertical legs supporting the roof between the windshield and front door and draining under the floor boards behind the wheel wells. Be careful pushing anything down these tubes - they can tear and you can create a new leak.