PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Standard nav unit market?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 01:33 PM
Default Standard nav unit market?

I just became part of the club, bought a 07 H3x on Monday. This is one cool car, like new with only 12k miles.

One thing I really dislike, however, is the navigation unit. I vastly prefer my dashtop Garmin system. Plus I'm really not liking the rear visibility, so I want to install a backup camera.

However, the only way I've found to connect a camera to the standard nav unit is a $600 adapter. So I've decided to replace the console unit with one that accepts a backup camera.

I'm wondering if there's any market for selling the old unit and what it might be worth.

Old 10-06-2010, 02:51 PM

The real pisser is the electronics for adding a backup camera to a standard nav unit are cheap . Just an ntsc to lcd driver and a set of io toggles to switch the output on or the passthru on then drop that circuit in between the nav screen and the nav computer. I came to the same conclusion as yourself though by the time you add things like bluetooth and ipod support your looking at over a grand and it just isn't worth it when you can get a head unit for 600 that does all that and more and won't try and rape you for 200 bucks a map update.

Old 10-06-2010, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by cliffaddy
I just became part of the club, bought a 07 H3x on Monday. This is one cool car, like new with only 12k miles.

One thing I really dislike, however, is the navigation unit. I vastly prefer my dashtop Garmin system. Plus I'm really not liking the rear visibility, so I want to install a backup camera.

However, the only way I've found to connect a camera to the standard nav unit is a $600 adapter. So I've decided to replace the console unit with one that accepts a backup camera.

I'm wondering if there's any market for selling the old unit and what it might be worth.
How much will you be will to sell the stock unit. I also just bought an 07 H3x, got it last thursday. Im loving it went from an 07 jeep wrangler to this H3 and Im happy!!!!

Old 10-07-2010, 03:18 PM

I'm interested in the NAV system for my h3. how much will you sell it? pm me! I couldn't pm you for whatever reason!

Old 10-08-2010, 03:30 AM

Hmm, I also can't PM you

Please email me directly, cliff at addy dot com

Old 10-08-2010, 09:42 AM

Cant PM with less than 10 posts or so.

Old 10-09-2010, 10:11 AM

email sent!

Old 10-09-2010, 11:25 AM

Personally I **HATE** the factory NAV. I have a Kenwood DNX9960 on the way, should be here Wednesday and installed by the weekend. I'll take some pics and maybe some video when its done. I'm gonna throw my OEM nav on ebay and see what I can get.

Old 10-10-2010, 07:58 AM

hey draketh, please post the ebay link here! I'd like to bid in!

Old 10-11-2010, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by adrixe
hey draketh, please post the ebay link here! I'd like to bid in!
If you want it make me a reasonable offer. At this point anything I get for it is just going to be money back and will probably get put right back into the truck.

Quick Reply: Standard nav unit market?