PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Spark plug iridium

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 02:47 PM
Default Spark plug iridium

I did change the spark plugs for the iridium ... here it is some info

I got my truck with 66k miles so I wasnt sure if spark plugs where the originals . SP # ACDELCO 41-985 replaced by NGK TRIX 7397 @ $8.00 EACH ( autoparts)

To remove the SP
-pull off the wire on the top
-turn the rubber inside the metal shield half in any way to break the bond with the spark plug
-pull by the metal shield , not on the rubber , metal will came off with everything( metal , rubber boot and a spring ) pull hard as is usually hard to remove
then just replace the SP , install the wire back , make sure to push wire all way to the end
follow steps changing SP once at time

.. Iridium .... So far my wife ( who drive it daily ) notice a huge change in acceleration as well as engine running smother

After a week I will post more info about Fuel Consumption

Last edited by H2Miami; 11-05-2011 at 06:37 PM.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:31 PM

The factory plugs were Iridium.

I also must say I think your avatar is in poor taste on a public forum.

Old 11-04-2011, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by calif phil

Thank you for your replay ... I'm not sure if the factory were iridium as you said , maybe but I wasn't sure as I got the truck with 66k miles , now you said it Im going to check online for the part # to confirm ...
In any way I felt a big difference . Maybe cause the old SP already need a rest ...
I just post the info cause in my first intent for changing the SP I get shock by the metal shield ( never see it before ) and how to removed . I spend time online looking for info and it was very limited ...

About the Avatar ... You may be right ... I select it after get mad for reading a website who promote taking pictures(more than 1000 post) with the middle finger out to Hummer and loving the Prius ... However it is not nice in a decent forum so I will replace it right away .... My apologize

Old 11-05-2011, 10:59 AM

Now that is a good looking Avatar. I have the exact same H2.

Old 11-05-2011, 01:04 PM

Now that is a good looking Avatar. I have the exact same H2.
Thanks ... Nice ride we have ... I love that color and everything else

Old 11-05-2011, 06:41 PM

You are right ... Yes factory spark plugs were iridium ... I kept the originals cause they were still really good however for some reason I gain a little better acceleration and engine runs smother ...
Thanks for the info

Old 12-16-2011, 01:32 AM
Default Spark plug

I have a 03 H2 and it's time for my plugs and wires to be changed. The dealership want to charge me $265.00 for parts and 2 1/2 hours of labor. They said something about the rear plugs are hard to reach and something had to be removed to get to them. I've noticed that some of you have changed your plugs your self. Is the 03 SP setup different than say a 06,07, or 08? If not I plan to follow the instructions posted by Miami and do it myself. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Old 12-16-2011, 10:03 PM

The back plugs are harder to reach yeah, especially the one from the passenger side, but you can pull it off yourself without taking parts with the proper tools.
Just make sure you use a torque wrench to torque them to the specific lbs.

Old 12-16-2011, 10:30 PM

You are right , SP on the passenger side are harder to remove but not as hard as many other cars and trucks ,1 year later and Im still looking how to remove the las SP on a F150

Old 12-17-2011, 02:04 PM
Talking Spark Plug

Hey Guys, thanks for the advice. I changed my plugs & wires yesterday. It took a while, but I got it done; saved myself $200.00. I have 108k miles on my truck, but I probably should have changed them around 80k; they were toast!

Quick Reply: Spark plug iridium