PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Source for Used H3 Parts?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 07:01 AM
Default Source for Used H3 Parts?

Hi Folks.

My wife had some bozo in a cube van tear her 2010 H3's mirror off this mornign in traffic. Of course, it's not his fault so it's going to be an insurance fight.

With the odds at 50-50 of loosing the battle, I'm looking at fixing it and swallowing the costs. (If she looses, it means a deductible and of course, increased fees...)

Are there any good places to pick up a used mirror, complete.

I see this place: http://www.theautochannel.com/autopa...or_mirror.html

Anybody have any luck with them?

Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of time to mess with it, because she'll get a ticket for not having a drivers side mirror.

Thanks.

Old 09-22-2010, 08:35 AM
Banned

She prolly wont get a ticket for not having a ds-mirror. I know in NY you need "a minimum of two rearward facing mirrors"... so as long as the pass side is on you SHOULD be fine.

But contact thebroken; he sells discount oem HUMMER parts.

Old 09-22-2010, 12:00 PM

Might also try Ebay, see them on there alot.

@ 85 305 I'm going to try to do this w/ out bashing but you REALLY need to check your facts if your going help anyone so before we start quoting state law we might want to actually read it.

http://public.leginfo.state.ny.us/LAWSSEAF.cgi?QUERYTYPE=LAWS+&QUERYDATA=$$VAT375$$@ TXVAT0375+&LIST=SEA3+&BROWSER=EXPLORER+&TOKEN=4882 9093+&TARGET=VIEW

10-a. It shall be unlawful after July first, nineteen hundred
sixty-seven to operate on any public highway in this state any motor
vehicle registered in this state, manufactured or assembled on or after
such date, and designated as a nineteen hundred sixty-eight or later
model, unless such vehicle is equipped with an adjustable side view
mirror which shall be affixed to the left outside of such vehicle and
which shall be adjustable so that the operator of such vehicle may have
a clear view of the road and condition of traffic on the left side and
to the rear of such vehicle.

also states you need an inside rearview mirror, NY like several others require drivers side & inside rearview mirrors, the passenger side is optional. Now would you actually get a ticket for it is another matter but you can be stopped for it.

Old 09-22-2010, 10:30 PM

oh boy

Old 09-22-2010, 10:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JGBB04
Might also try Ebay, see them on there alot.

@ 85 305 I'm going to try to do this w/ out bashing but you REALLY need to check your facts if your going help anyone so before we start quoting state law we might want to actually read it.

http://public.leginfo.state.ny.us/LAWSSEAF.cgi?QUERYTYPE=LAWS+&QUERYDATA=$$VAT375$$@ TXVAT0375+&LIST=SEA3+&BROWSER=EXPLORER+&TOKEN=4882 9093+&TARGET=VIEW

10-a. It shall be unlawful after July first, nineteen hundred
sixty-seven to operate on any public highway in this state any motor
vehicle registered in this state, manufactured or assembled on or after
such date, and designated as a nineteen hundred sixty-eight or later
model, unless such vehicle is equipped with an adjustable side view
mirror which shall be affixed to the left outside of such vehicle and
which shall be adjustable so that the operator of such vehicle may have
a clear view of the road and condition of traffic on the left side and
to the rear of such vehicle.

also states you need an inside rearview mirror, NY like several others require drivers side & inside rearview mirrors, the passenger side is optional. Now would you actually get a ticket for it is another matter but you can be stopped for it.
Hey I've been known to be wrong. But a trooper told me as long as there are a total of 2 mirrors facing the rear you will be fine.

Old 09-22-2010, 11:23 PM

Oh boy!

Old 09-23-2010, 12:08 AM

There are quite a few on Ebay!

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...+mirror+driver

As long as you feel confident in removing the Drivers Door Panel the swap is very simple and stright forward. A 1 or 2 beer job at the most.

PS: NOW HE IS GIVING LEGAL ADVICE! I met this cop once and he said .............. he also has a lifted F150 and he said .................
HE NEVER QUITS!

Old 09-23-2010, 06:23 AM

Thanks for all the assistance, guys.

Old 09-23-2010, 07:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by TAINTER
PS: NOW HE IS GIVING LEGAL ADVICE! I met this cop once and he said .............. he also has a lifted F150 and he said .................
HE NEVER QUITS!
I guess I have to put a disclaimer on everything I type. Get real. I said chances are he wont have issues wit dem poooo lease.

Mirrors
10. a. Every motor vehicle, when driven or operated upon a public highway, shall be equipped with a mirror or other reflecting device so adjusted that the operator of such vehicle shall have a clear and full view of the road and condition of traffic behind such vehicle.
b. In addition to the above requirements, an omnibus having a capacity of ten or more passengers registered in this state and manufactured or assembled after July first, nineteen hundred seventy, shall be equipped with a mirror attached to the right side of such vehicle and so adjusted that the driver thereof shall have a clear and full view of the road and condition of traffic behind such vehicle.
c. Every passenger motor vehicle registered in this state and manufactured or assembled after June thirtieth, nineteen hundred sixty-nine, and designated as a nineteen hundred seventy or subsequent year model, shall be equipped with adjustable interior mirrors meeting specifications established by the commissioner which specifications may provide minimum and maximum reflectance values.
d. Every new passenger-type motor vehicle, except a motorcycle, manufactured for sale in New York state on or after January first, in the year next succeeding the effective date of this paragraph shall be manufactured with an interior rear-view mirror of the selective position prismatic type with a reflectance value in the night driving position of at least four percent; or its functional equivalent. For purposes of this section, "passenger-type motor vehicle" shall mean any motor vehicle with a seating capacity of not more than fifteen adults, not including the driver, that is equipped with one or more rear windows. Any violation of the provisions of this paragraph by any manufacturer shall constitute an offense and shall be punishable by a civil fine of not more than seven hundred fifty dollars for each offense.
e. Every single-unit motor vehicle registered in this state, operated for commercial purposes and having a cube style or enclosed walk-in delivery bay, where such delivery bay has a length of eight feet six inches or more, but not exceeding a length of eighteen feet, shall be equipped with a cross-view back-up mirror system, rear video system, rear object detection system, or other device, which enables the driver of the vehicle to detect by means of a visual, or visual and audible warning-indicator, persons and objects located directly behind the vehicle. The commissioner is hereby authorized to promulgate regulations providing specifications for mirrors or other devices as required by this paragraph.
f. Every sani-van and motor vehicle commonly classified as a garbage truck purchased on or after January first, two thousand eight and registered in this state, which is operated in and engages in the collection of garbage or refuse in the county of Westchester shall be equipped with a rear video system, rear object detection system, or other device which enables the driver of the vehicle to detect by means of a visual, or visual and audible warning-indicator, persons and objects located directly behind the vehicle. The commissioner is hereby authorized to promulgate regulations providing specifications for mirrors or other devices as required by this paragraph. Provided, however, that the provisions of this paragraph shall not apply to motor vehicles commonly classified as rolloff vehicles that are used for the express purpose of transporting waste containers such as open boxes or compactors.
10-a. It shall be unlawful after July first, nineteen hundred sixty-seven to operate on any public highway in this state any motor vehicle registered in this state, manufactured or assembled on or after such date, and designated as a nineteen hundred sixty-eight or later model, unless such vehicle is equipped with an adjustable side view mirror which shall be affixed to the left outside of such vehicle and which shall be adjustable so that the operator of such vehicle may have a clear view of the road and condition of traffic on the left side and to the rear of such vehicle.

This says nothing about NEEDING a ds mirror.

Old 09-23-2010, 07:28 AM

I suppose on could defend them self in a court of law by just turning the picture of the car in front of the judge around so the front of the car was facing them and say see, left side. But most reasonable people would read that and think thats the drivers side. Section 10 in the last 10 or so words of that lengthy post.

Quick Reply: Source for Used H3 Parts?