PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softtop with a hardtop accesiores

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 01:21 AM
Default Softtop with a hardtop accesiores

I am having a hard time understanding this but the pick up truck aka softop is it not the same as the hardtop? Because I have been looking in buying the softtop but there is no where on the internent that have a hardtop for the softop. Is this possible or am I just just not looking hard enough Thanks.

Old 02-02-2007, 02:08 AM
Default RE: Softtop with a hardtop accesiores

Correct - two different models. Currently the only "hardtop for a softtop option" is aftermarket, http://www.calgoldproducts.com/

The hardtop 4-doors (which they no longer offer) do not have the rollcage structure - the most obvious difference is where the diagonal bars come down onto the flat rear fenderwells on the soft-top -- the hard top does not have those, and as a result they have two different styles of tonneau cover for the truck bed.

Hope that helps...

Old 02-02-2007, 12:22 PM
Default RE: Softtop with a hardtop accesiores

Thanks for the link, there not cheap but I was hoping I can find it with the bed exposed. I wanted to get a pick up but softop just because I am trying to figure out if I can install a 5th wheel trailer on this but I did want to enjoy the truck in the summer by taking the roof off so this is why I am looking into a softop but a aftermarket hardtop bed exposed. I didnt want to get the softop only for one reason and thats security easy braking and entry.I always get screwed when you can t get what you want that ends up being the thingyou want.