PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Soft Tonneau Cover

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 08:31 AM
Default Soft Tonneau Cover

Anyone have the GM accessories tonneau cover shown here:

http://www.gmaccessorieszone.com/acc...1%5Btype%5D=gm

Any opinions? Fit and finish? Does it do a decent job keeping water out of the bed?

Thanks,

WGW

Old 04-18-2009, 06:38 AM
Banned

I have the GM accessories tonneau cover shown here

Old 04-18-2009, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Carcrazy
I have the GM accessories tonneau cover shown here
Any opinions? Fit and finish? Does it do a decent job keeping water out of the bed?

Thanks,

WGW

Old 04-20-2009, 01:02 PM

I have it. Perfect at keeping water out (I use a power washer and no leaks whatsoever). It flutters a bit in the wind while driving (if you're a sailor and I said "luffing" that's what I mean) but nothing terrible. Actually pretty impressed at how well built it is (it's not just velcro sticker strips like cheap covers).

Old 04-23-2009, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by JThomasLambert
I have it. Perfect at keeping water out (I use a power washer and no leaks whatsoever). It flutters a bit in the wind while driving (if you're a sailor and I said "luffing" that's what I mean) but nothing terrible. Actually pretty impressed at how well built it is (it's not just velcro sticker strips like cheap covers).

Thanks for the reply. Guess I'll add that to my shopping list.

WGW

Old 04-24-2009, 06:11 AM

I got them to throw mine in with the deal but if I had to do it again, I'd likely look at one of these. There's a dealer around here and the H3T install is brilliant. I could be mistaken but I think someone else on this forum mentioned them in another thread.

http://www.rollnlock.com/Home/tabid/54/Default.aspx

Old 05-02-2009, 06:02 AM

I also had one fitted to my new H3T, definitly waterproof in the powerhose carwash.

However,

I am finding that I pull over every couple of days and refasten the cover down as it has started to lift at only 100 Kph

There only seems to be a sliding lock on one side of the read end which allows for too much play and lets it come loose. Has anyone cured this problem?

Old 05-02-2009, 08:07 AM

For those who dont want ot pay that much money for a cover I found these which are new and I just recieved mine the other day. The lady on the phone stated when I ordered it that these are so new that they dont have them in stock so they get dropped shipped. Also to note ******** if you call an order it over the phone the price drops to $360 with no shipping charge. I have mine on already an no leaks and Ive been through the wash twice already.. plus I had one on my sport trac and again no leaks.

http://www.truckaddons.com/Catalog/s...g_trifecta.htm

Old 05-03-2009, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by wadiwaster
I am finding that I pull over every couple of days and refasten the cover down as it has started to lift at only 100 Kph

There only seems to be a sliding lock on one side of the read end which allows for too much play and lets it come loose. Has anyone cured this problem?
This might be a dumb question but have you tightened the tensioning screw at the top end of the cover? Mine loosened up quite a bit at first but that seemed to fix it pretty well.

Old 06-17-2009, 10:13 PM
Default Is the GM soft tonneau a roll up or folding cover?

Hey,

For those who have the GM cover is it like a typical tonneau that you can easily roll it up when you need to use the bed?

Thanks,

Quick Reply: Soft Tonneau Cover