PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SiriusXM..Deals..

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 08:09 PM
Default SiriusXM..Deals..

Just rec'd renewal form..35.95 for 6 months (3 free) or 114.04..for 1 year..(6mos. free)...

Old 06-07-2012, 09:00 PM

Yeah I got something like that too. They must be on a deal spree.

Old 06-08-2012, 08:40 AM

I have been a subscriber to XM radio since 2007 on one of my cars and also added it to my H3 last year when I purchased it.

I have never paid full price for the service on either of the vehicles. If you are patient and are willing to play the "renewal game" every year you should not every pay more thatn half price for the service.

The game is very simple:

1) Never, ever allow them to store your credit card information. Not allowing them to store this informaiton forces them to issue an invoice to you

2) Be willing to live without the service for a couple of days/weeks

3) About a month before your subscription ends, call their 800 number and tell them that you will not be renewing the service for another year because you are not happy with the service or that you find it to be too expensive

4) In most cases the person on the phone will transfer you to the cancellation department

5) Once you get to this person, they will offer you different packages at reduced costs until you agree to renew the service for another year

6) If you do not get a deal, tell them thanks but no thanks and tell them to go ahead and process your cancellation (I have never had to do this).

7) You should pretty much get a year at roughly half the regular retail price.

8) Repeat the process above 1 year from now when it comes time to renew. Remember don't let them store your credit card information so you know when the service is about to expire.

The entire process usually takes me less than 15 minutes.

Old 06-08-2012, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by stevek813
I have been a subscriber to XM radio since 2007 on one of my cars and also added it to my H3 last year when I purchased it.

I have never paid full price for the service on either of the vehicles. If you are patient and are willing to play the "renewal game" every year you should not every pay more thatn half price for the service.

The game is very simple:

1) Never, ever allow them to store your credit card information. Not allowing them to store this informaiton forces them to issue an invoice to you

2) Be willing to live without the service for a couple of days/weeks

3) About a month before your subscription ends, call their 800 number and tell them that you will not be renewing the service for another year because you are not happy with the service or that you find it to be too expensive

4) In most cases the person on the phone will transfer you to the cancellation department

5) Once you get to this person, they will offer you different packages at reduced costs until you agree to renew the service for another year

6) If you do not get a deal, tell them thanks but no thanks and tell them to go ahead and process your cancellation (I have never had to do this).

7) You should pretty much get a year at roughly half the regular retail price.

8) Repeat the process above 1 year from now when it comes time to renew. Remember don't let them store your credit card information so you know when the service is about to expire.

The entire process usually takes me less than 15 minutes.

I highly agree the most Ive paid for a year sub was 65.00 for my h3 and 25.00 for 6 months for a second reciever hooked to my home theater system in my home!

Old 06-09-2012, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Toddman33
I highly agree the most Ive paid for a year sub was 65.00 for my h3 and 25.00 for 6 months for a second reciever hooked to my home theater system in my home!

It's a little bit more expensive than $65.00 per year since they increased their prices across the board.

I renewed in April and paid $94.43 for the next year. I would guess that this is probably the best deal for a yearly subscription that is out there.

For me a little less than $8 bucks (2 gallons of gas) per month for SiriusXM is completely worth it. I can't even remember the last time I actually listened to a regular radio station. There's no need for it.

Too bad OnStar hasn't figured out how to deeply discount their service.

Old 06-09-2012, 10:25 AM

I can't even remember the last time I actually listened to a regular radio station. There's no need for it.
Same here, good point

Old 06-09-2012, 10:28 AM

i remember.... and it sucked wind....

Old 06-09-2012, 10:32 AM

lol...I don't listen to the radio station's anymore...I prefer my cd's since Sirius is not "BTnH" friendly.

Old 06-13-2012, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by stevek813

The game is very simple:

How do you NOT give them your credit card number?
I tried to sign up on-line for the 90 day free trial and they require it (so I stopped) AND I phoned in and they want it?? (told them it was in my vehicle and had to call back)

Old 06-13-2012, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Neon
How do you NOT give them your credit card number?
I tried to sign up on-line for the 90 day free trial and they require it (so I stopped) AND I phoned in and they want it?? (told them it was in my vehicle and had to call back)
You have to give them a credit card at the time you sign up for the service so they can make the initial charge, BUT you don't have to allow them to store the credit card information in their systems.

Simply tell them: "Do not keep my credit card information anywhere in your files."

If you tell them this, they will not store your credit card information and will be unable to automatically renew it. In other words, they will have no choice but to issue an invoice to you.

The customer service representative might try to argue that they need to keep this on file but don't believe them and hold your ground.

If they push it, hang up the phone and call back the next day.

Remember, these people have all been instructed to do what it takes to make sure they don't lose you as a subscriber. If you find a customer service representative that isn't offering up a nice deal for you, call tomorrow and you will find one.

This takes a little work but if you want the service at 1/2 price it's worth it. Like I originally said, I have been an XM subscriber since 2007 and I have never paid full price for this service.

Quick Reply: SiriusXM..Deals..