PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Silver Lake Hummer Happening - Michigan

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 09:41 AM
Super Moderator
Default Silver Lake Hummer Happening - Michigan

Original post from Ghostrider: Just thought I would pass the info along that there will be a Hummer Happening held by Harvey Hummer (Grand Rapids) on October 13th at Silver Lake dunes. (Central Lower Peninsula of MI on the shores of Lake Michigan...kinda between Muskegon and Pentwater) Call Harvey Hummer to RSVP or more info at 1-866-514-8663. Ask for Adam or Val. Or post your ?'s here with contact info...word on the street is they are lurking in the shadows..[sm=nerd.gif]

I will definately be there for my first Silver Lake driving experience and I'd love to meet up with some other people on the forum!

I moved this to events, and then here to General Hummer Talk so folks could post on. Sorry for rainin on your parade Grider.

Okie, if you need help, pm me with next time with an event.

Old 09-30-2007, 10:31 PM
Default RE: Silver Lake Hummer Happening - Michigan

Well..I guess stay tuned on this one...
As a result of our stategovernment not passing a 2008 budget, as of midnight tonight, the great state of Michigan is CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!
We are going to have a "government shutdown" and as a result of all "non-essential" government functions stopping until further notice, all state parks and campgroundsare closed. This means Silver Lake is closed....so if they dont approve a budget by the 13th...I guess that means we wont be going to Silver Lake.
I'll keep ya'll posted and I'll have a talk with the guys at Harvey tomorrow to see if theres a backup plan.

Old 10-01-2007, 05:23 AM

wow,that stinks.....how do ya close a lake

Old 10-01-2007, 07:56 AM

Heyyyy...we're open again. [sm=happy046.gif]Go government. I guess they came to an agreement at 4:30am and decided that we'll just pay more taxes to make up for that 1.alot billion dollars of debt. ...didn't see that one coming... I better be getting my moneys worth at Silver Lake!! So its back on...everybody come!

Old 10-04-2007, 09:47 AM
Super Moderator

I do not think I can possibly do this one, but the rest of you should seriously consider it!!!!!! Awesome DUNES!!
Name:  DSC00927.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  85.2 KB

Name:  DSC00936.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  71.8 KB

Old 10-04-2007, 10:29 AM

I'm excited! I've got a nice camera and a video camera with a mount that will attach to my brushguard and roof rack. I'm hoping to get some great documentation!

Old 10-14-2007, 06:33 PM

It was a BLAST!!! Thanks a bunch to the Harvey guys for putting it on. I had a ton of fun. there were about 30 Hummers that showed up. 2 H1's and about the rest even split between H2's and H3's.
We did some climbing, water, even a Hummer drag race! The dunes were fun!
We had an awesome day for it and no major accidents. Just 1 H2 SUT that launched and did something to throw things out of alignment.
I've got 2 things to share...

Video:
I mounted a video camera to my Gobi roof rack and let it run for most the day. I put it together into a 7min video of the day.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6QBGphYUns

Pics:
Here are some pictures that I took... if ANYBODY wants to go again, i'm there!

Edit: Just updated the picture links so they work again.

Old 10-14-2007, 06:42 PM
Super Moderator

KUDOS Brudda!!!!!!!! [sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley20.gif] Nice job on the pics ans vid. Yes sir, Silver Lake Sand Dunes are a BLAST. Glad you had a good time. Shouldn't be to hard to twist your arm for another trip next year.

Old 10-14-2007, 06:50 PM

Thanks Doc!!

I will DEFINATELY be there and so should every other Hummer driver in the area!! Just name the date!!!

Old 10-14-2007, 09:10 PM

How did all those damn Jeeps get in the pics?

Loved the Hummer-Cam footage. (Feel like describing that little setup?)

Never been in the sand, much less dunes......Looks like a blast.

Thanks for posting the pics and vid link.

Quick Reply: Silver Lake Hummer Happening - Michigan