PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Signal light problem- H3 Alpha

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 12:40 PM
Default Signal light problem- H3 Alpha

Last night on the way home we made a left turn and the directional instead of the slow sound was very rapid ..which meant the light was burnt out or we needed a new fuse. My husband checked everything out, changed the bulb checked the fuses and tried the signal and still won't come on and still very rapid signal sound. Anyone know of something else that needs to be checked?
It's a 2008 H3 Alpha with only 18,000 miles on it...I'll have to use my hazards until I can get it to the shop...

Old 04-18-2010, 03:49 PM

He check both front and rear lights? Generally its for the rear tail light and is commonly for the bulb being not seated right or burned out... however i could also be indicating the front (remember there's two, one in the fender, and one in the grille) If all the bulbs and fuses are fine than it could be a bad wire... time to check with GM at that point since you have a warranty on it...

Old 04-18-2010, 06:03 PM

Thanks...it's the back one that wasn't working and he did check the front..he's checking again...lol..just to be certain..but I think it'll be a phone call in the morning!! which sucks

Old 04-19-2010, 06:54 PM

Well took my truck in..wasn't the bulb or the fuse..They have to order a whole electrical piece, he said it controls all the lights the radio everything...The parts don't come in until tomorrow night and they didn't have something I could drive so it looks like my day off on friday is going to be spent at the gagrage..it sucks and having to use the hazard to turn left
really not happy...I know it can happen...but it still bites!!

Old 04-19-2010, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by charks1
..it sucks and having to use the hazard to turn left
Signal light problem- H3 Alpha-handsignals.jpglol

Old 04-19-2010, 10:07 PM

sounds fishy that they are saying the BCM is bad, yet you haven't had any other electrical issues right? I bet its a bad wiring job and they don't want to admit it... the dealer should provide some sort of rental or beater for the time you'll be without your H3... I'd make a stink about it and tell them you'll just call GM...

Old 04-20-2010, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by charks1
..it sucks and having to use the hazard to turn left
really not happy...I know it can happen...but it still bites!!
Nice to hear someone uses indicators.

Over here no one seems to bother apart from me - driving entails rather a lot of mind reading.

Old 04-20-2010, 06:31 AM

Broken Halo.... I thought to myself as I stuck my arm out the window to make my left turn...would anyone even know what I was doing..lmao!!! It was a little scarey. So picture hand out the window-->> flashers on...was I just a happy alpha owner showing off my truck with all the hoopla or a weirdo!! Maybe a little bit of both since thats what people say to me when they ask how much gas I go through. I smile and say your not paying for my gas!!! *&@#*
Rajul....even here in the states..there are alot of people that think were mind readers...and we know there every turn..dumb *** and if we hit them...we get a ticket for following to close!!
DAG...I'm going to look into it more in the next few days...since they aren't getting any money from me..thank goodness I didn't give it alot of thought....now I am...thanks..it is curious...and I hope that this isn't the start of something I'll soon regret...ughhhhhhh!!

Old 04-20-2010, 06:47 AM

Charlene , I doubt you'll have any regrets on the Alpha... sounds more like bad cust service than electrical gremlins to me... who is your dealership? I have had nothing but excellent service at mine, Oneills in Avon/Farmington...

Old 04-20-2010, 05:46 PM

Dan...I'm not far from Uconn.
My dealer is Champayne & Son there pretty good. There's one mechanic that use to be my neighbor so thats cool and I trust him..
He stayed late last night to let me know what was wrong with it.
I just don't think something this new and low mileage should have an issue...but we all know...crap happens

Quick Reply: Signal light problem- H3 Alpha