PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Show Off Those Aftermarket Wheels!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 05:16 PM
/\G
Default Show Off Those Aftermarket Wheels!

Is there anything I need to look out for when buying an aftermarket wheel? It seems like there is not alot out there for the H3. Is there any concerns with caliper clearance or offset?

I would like to replace my stock 16" with an 18" wheel. My question is what size tire to I need to run? I was looking at a 35X12.5QR18. Will this work? How bad is my speedo going to be off?

Please post any pics of aftermarket set-ups with rim specs and tire size

Thanks for any help!

Old 07-07-2006, 05:36 PM
Default RE: Show Off Those Aftermarket Wheels!

ok, stock offset is +38..stock backspace is 5". Lug pattern is 6 on 5.5. I bought detata's for mine and they fit with no problem, they will stick out an inch or so more than the stock but there is no clearance issues with the calipers. If you go to 18's there should be no way you have a problem clearing the calipers since stock is 16" rim. I haven't mounted my tires yet but did put the rims on the hub to make sure they fit and the rim itself sticks out 1 1/2 inches farther than the stock rim. I have a backspace of 6 and an offset of +12, plus they are 8"wide compared to the 6.5" or 7" wide of the stock. Any wheel for chevy trucks should fit, they may just stick out some, try to match the offset as close to stock if you don't want them to stick out.

Old 07-07-2006, 06:01 PM
/\G

thanks for that info Import. I actually want them to poke out so I am ok with that. I have been searching around and alot of wheels sites offer nothing when you put in H3. I just thought I might be missing something. With a 35" tire, will I need to turn the bars to raise the front a little?

What size tire are you putting on your wheels?

Old 07-07-2006, 06:19 PM

I'm putting on 35x12.5 17's. I turned my tortion bars already. I have seen a few rigs on here and otehr boards that aree running 35's with no tortion cranking at all. The offset you use will probably dictate if you need to turn the tortion bars or not. I am actually going another route and have put my rims on ebay, what a waste of money that was[sm=headbang.gif]

Old 07-07-2006, 06:21 PM
/\G

whats the auction? Let me take a look. What change are you making?

Old 07-07-2006, 06:33 PM

I just put them on this afternoon, don't even know if they are listed yet but this is the link I got in my email.:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DETAT...spagenameZWDVW

I don't know what direction I want to go actually. I'm starting to like this black no bling look. I'm mainly selling cause my wife just informed me that she is prego so I have to build another nursery.

Old 07-07-2006, 07:15 PM

hey impy , congrats on the new addition. i think the black-no-bling look is just the ticket . . . damn fine idea you got there . . . non bling makes them stand out even more

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 07-07-2006, 07:28 PM

Impy,

Congrats on the bun in the oven. I like the black out look best.

Bus, not to be offensive but I saw a lowered H2 all blacked out on 26" rims and it looked killer, very nice ride eve if it never goes off road.

HG123

Old 07-07-2006, 07:53 PM

WOW!..That's great news Mike!!! You devil[sm=lildevil.gif]

Old 07-07-2006, 07:54 PM

ORIGINAL: Hummerguy123

Impy,

Congrats on the bun in the oven. I like the black out look best.

Bus, not to be offensive but I saw a lowered H2 all blacked out on 26" rims and it looked killer, very nice ride eve if it never goes off road.

HG123
no offense at all. how someone else spends their money on their truck is their business. i personally don't like the look, too much redneck in me, i think.

Quick Reply: Show Off Those Aftermarket Wheels!